Matrix/vibe pet barrier

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Miketron75

Matrix/vibe pet barrier

Post by Miketron75 »

Does anybody know if this pet barrier will fit the Pontiac Vibe, it was made for the Matrix. I'm also looking for the tie-down knob kit, comes with four threaded knobs with the retainer pieces that go in the rails in the hatch behind the seats and floor.

NEW! 2003-2008 Toyota Matrix Pet Barrier Screen from Brandsport Auto Parts (#TOY-PT767-02028)
https://www.brandsport.com/toy-pt767-02028.html
Last edited by Miketron75 on Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vibrologist

Re: Mayrix/vibe pet barrier

Post by vibrologist »

That looks like a really strong pet barrier. Do you have a Siberian Tiger for a pet?

I don't know for sure if this fits. i guess it does. Maybe you could find a Matrix in a junk yard or on a used car lot and take measurements to compare with your Vibe?

By the way, my pet barrier was much less expensive and did the job quite well. Click on the link in my signature,
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
Miketron75

Re: Mayrix/vibe pet barrier

Post by Miketron75 »

I have two Siberian Husky dogs actually... good guess though. Any standard pet barrier I have purchased in the past has been instantly demolished, I live in an area with a lot of wildlife/ Deer and if I'm driving in the car with the dogs and they see said animals they lose their minds and start trying to break down the barrier, and I would hardly call this particular barrier overly brutish, it's half inch thin wall steel tubing but I love the convenience of it attached and quickly with just the two rails in the knobs. I'm considering just making short leashes and leashing them to the the tie-down hooks in the back and so they can't jump over the front seat, I have a three-year-old he rides in a car seat in I don't need a 75 lb dog jumping on him.
vibrologist

Re: Matrix/vibe pet barrier

Post by vibrologist »

Siberian Husky
Beautiful breed of dogs! And they are strong. I think the barrier you found there is the best option to protect your boy from them.

It has been said over and over that the interiors of the Matrix and Vibe are the same. Somehow you need to confirm that the distance of the rails matches. There is a little wiggle room in the bolts that hold the backseat to the body. I guess 1/4 " or so.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
Miketron75

Re: Matrix/vibe pet barrier

Post by Miketron75 »

Cool, thx. I'll order it and let you know how it goes.