2006 Vibe 2wd with A/C ...serpentine belt..help find part numbr?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
pointbob

2006 Vibe 2wd with A/C ...serpentine belt..help find part numbr?

Post by pointbob »

Hey all

I have a 2006 pontiac vibe 2wd with air conditioning.....apparently belts for a/c vibes a bit longer then regular ones? can someone direct me to correct part number...thank you!!
ColonelPanic

Re: 2006 Vibe 2wd with A/C ...serpentine belt..help find part numbr?

Post by ColonelPanic »

The Vibe's belt was a bit longer than a comparable Matrix (different A/C compressors between the two, I believe...)

I went with the belt from GM (P/N 88971576) when I replaced it on our '03 base a couple years back. Looks like it's still available to order from them.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
runningslow

Re: 2006 Vibe 2wd with A/C ...serpentine belt..help find part numbr?

Post by runningslow »

You should be able to go to your auto parts store of choice and get a belt. You're not looking for a unicorn here, since I believe all Vibes came with A/C as a standard option. If there are any that don't, then they are the unicorns and hard to find.

Assuming you've got a Base (1ZZ w/ Automatic or 5 speed) and not a GT (2ZZ w/ 6 speed), then here's a compatible Gates belt from O'Reily's:
https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/ce ... belt&pos=2

ColonelPanic is correct. The Vibe's belt is different from Matrix and Corolla, even though they have the same engine options. The A/C compressor was different, because GM decided to use their own HVAC system instead of the Toyota system.
Josh
2005 Vibe GT ~ Platinum
2006 Vibe ~ Lava, Base, Auto
2005 Corolla S ~ Silver Streak Mica, Manual (Wife's)
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.