Roger Biebl New Member 2009 2.4 Vibe Base

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
rogerbiebl

Roger Biebl New Member 2009 2.4 Vibe Base

Post by rogerbiebl »

I have had three Vibes, two have totally paid for themselves as my territory is Montana to Milwaukee, WI for the railroad. The least maintenance cars I have ever owned. However, I cannot find the horn relay location? Maybe somebody can help? (see my previous chat).
vibrologist

Re: Roger Biebl New Member 2009 2.4 Vibe Base

Post by vibrologist »

This seems to be a doctor thesis on "how to make a simple thing really complicated."
Look at this thread: viewtopic.php?t=41838
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
rogerbiebl

Post by rogerbiebl »

WOW! Superb information! I will replace the horn relay and if that does not work, then I will ask the dealer that replaced the Takata Airbag if that work could affect the horn which has not worked since the airbag was replaced. Thank you for your time. The Vibes (3) I bought from Consumer Reports recommendations and they have saved me $1,000's in transport costs. I can put all of my sample gear (I am a hydrogeologist) in the large storage area (the back seats are always folded down). My first 2006 1.8 base I traded to a friend with 240,000 miles and is still running strong with literally no oil usage.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

An official welcome to you Roger. I just looked at the post by ParknVibe (which Vibrologist suggested) which was exactly what I would have posted BUT seeing how he did it already FIVE years ago I won't bother. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress ...............
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"