1st Post

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
GT09Vibe

1st Post

Post by GT09Vibe »

Hello everyone

09 Vibe GT 395,000 mileage
GT09Vibe

Re: 1st Post

Post by GT09Vibe »

So I have an 09 Vibe GT when I go to a yield sign or slow roll then back to the gas the pedal go to the floor and the car has no acceleration. Then within a second or 2 back to acceleration. I am thinking throttle body or TPS. Any have this issue and what was the fix? Thx Lou

09 Vibe GT 395,000 Mileage
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

Welcome to Gen Vibe!
How long have you had the car? How long have you seen this issue?
Does your car do the same thing when starting from a stop? Are there any clunking noises associated with this move? Are there check engine lights, if so what are the codes?

Sorry for all the question, but that isn't really enough to go on.
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
GT09Vibe

Post by GT09Vibe »

I have had the car since 09. It has had a little hesitation from a stop or semi stop and go for a year or so. But just last week it started to feel like it had no acceleration from a stop for like 1 to 2 seconds them it would go.That has happened about 3x's over last 2 weeks
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

Are there any check engine lights, or unusual noises associated with this?
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
GT09Vibe

Post by GT09Vibe »

No noises. But I put my scanner on tonight and I had a code of P0301 Cylinder misfire. I switched coils and took it for a spin. Same code same cylinder. So I am looking for the ohms to test the fuel injectors.
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

How recent were the plugs changed? 400k miles on her is a lot.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
GT09Vibe

Post by GT09Vibe »

Plugs were done about 4 months ago
hogdoctor

Post by hogdoctor »

if the injector had an electrical issue, ie open short or ground, I would expect to see a code for that. Otherwise, it could have a mechanical issue or clogged, dirty, whatever... just as you swapped coils as a test, you can do the same with a suspect injector.
That said, your symptom doesn't sound like an issue with one cylinder, it sounds like a second or two of no power would spread across 25 to 30 revolutions of the engine, all four cylinders down on power... so I'm looking at something that effects all four, but doesn't throw a code. Ignition side, I would probably see codes. Fuel/air side is a different story. A momentary loss of fuel pressure would not throw a code, but seems unlikely. A throttle position sensor could be inaccurate but I wouldn't think it would be that repeatable. MAF slow to pick up on a rapid change in airflow maybe? Give that a cleaning just to say you ruled that out. Something flaky in the throttle by wire system maybe?
GT09Vibe

Post by GT09Vibe »

Hogdoctor I cleaned MAF sensor. Please dont tell me you think I have to start tracing wires.