New to Pontiac Vibe

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
bobo993

New to Pontiac Vibe

Post by bobo993 »

posting.php?mode=edit&f=11&p=522955#
Hi All,

Newbie from Vancouver, Canada. Just purchased a 2006 Base Vibe with 280k on the odometer. Owned many Corollas and can say I"m impressed with the Vibe over the corolla . Shoulda bought one sooner :)
THe reason I bought a Vibe is primarily they are cheap compared to Corolla or similar. My wife just totalled our Corolla last week and with no insurance we had to go cheap. I hope buying a high mileage car isn't a mistake but so far so good. Everyone likes the Vibe much better; that is five kids; the wife and the dog.
Nice to see such a Vibrant community online. :roll:
Cheers everyone
Last edited by bobo993 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vibrologist

Re: New to Pontiac Vibe

Post by vibrologist »

Welcome, bobo993!
I am glad you found this forum! If your Vibe received the basic maintenance you should be good for many more kilometers!
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
bobo993

Post by bobo993 »

Thanks for the welcome. Yes I'm confident it will run many miles.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

bobo993 wrote: My wife just totalled our Corolla last week and with no insurance we had to go cheap.
Welcome to GenVibe. I couldn't help but highlight the above quote! Down here, I believe in most of the states, It's mandatory to carry auto insurance. Hopefully you at least carry the minimum liability but no collision? Wouldn't want to see you guys lose everything if a serious accident were to happen. Post pics of your "new to you" Vibe. YEs, as you stated, the Vibe is a hidden Gem that very few people are aware of exists!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
bobo993

Post by bobo993 »

]Welcome to GenVibe. I couldn't help but highlight the above quote! Down here, I believe in most of the states, It's mandatory to carry auto insurance. Hopefully you at least carry the minimum liability but no collision? Wouldn't want to see you guys lose everything if a serious accident were to happen.

Hey Thanks! for the welcome!

Yes we had 3rd party liability but no collision to cover at fault claims. Hardly worth it on cheap vehicles.

Vibe is a real gem yes. Toyota reliability in a fun package.
Attachments
cropped vibe pic.jpg
cropped vibe pic.jpg (241.53 KiB) Viewed 1241 times
ehoff121

Post by ehoff121 »

Welcome to genvibe!

Hope your wife is okay.

Just be aware that your odometer will stop displaying km's when it hits 299,999. You may want to have one of the trip meters ready...

There's no legal DIY fix for this. You can switch out the gauge cluster, but that gets into shady territory. A dealer can do a reset, but it's not cheap.

Anyway, good vibing to ya!
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD - Platinum
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! Nice looking Abyss you've got there ;)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage