Goodbye

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Hutchvibe

Goodbye

Post by Hutchvibe »

It is with no small amount of emotion that I announce the sale of our 2005 red base vibe. We drove it for 160K trouble free miles and on our final drive we brought it from Pa. to Co. at an average speed of 75/80 mph while realizing 31 mpg. Short interval oil changes with Mobil1 and preventive maintenance with a lot of help from this forum kept our little car trouble free and running like the day of delivery. It drove and still ran like new on the day we sold it. The only negative was failing clear coat and fading paint on the front plastics. With its excellent interior and like new performance it might well have warranted a repaint but at 72 I figured a new car was justified. We now own a 2018 Honda CRV in bright silver with a silver interior. It is like a luxury car to us after driving the little vibe for 13 years. I only hope my confidence in the Honda name is justified. I have had Honda motorcycles, lawn mower and generator...all have been excellent. I can only hope the CRV continues the reliability tradition. I'm a little suspect about all the electronic gee gaws but I have to admit that I'm getting used to them and they are pretty neat.

Anyhow, thanks for all the help over the years and goodbye, I'm heading to the CRV forum and hoping it as usefull as this one has been.

Hutch Out.
zbyers

Re: Goodbye

Post by zbyers »

It's sad to see you go. Hopefully the CRV suffices. If not, you can always find another Vibe. :)
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

:(

Best of luck with the new Honda!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

It's always hard to say goodbye to an old friend. My 2003 was passed on at 298k (miles), and replaced with a 2007 with 135k. I figured that for 4k, I'd get another 140k reasonably trouble-free miles. (So far, I've put 26k on it with no major parts replacements).