wiring diagrams for fuel pump

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
05StillKickin

wiring diagrams for fuel pump

Post by 05StillKickin »

My 05 vibe had some issues sputtering. Recently it stopped dead on the highway. I was anle to.safely get off the main travel lanes.
We have been trying to troubleshoot and it looks like there is no power to the fuel pump. A few other observations made - there seems to be a bit of oil in the spark plugs. Plug 1 looks a bit burnt up. No pressure on the fuel line. Engine will not start
When it died it clearly was not getting gas.
My main question right now is does anyone know the path of the wiring from the fuel pump to it's origin? Are there diagrams somewhere? When I tested the connection to the fuel pump I was unable yo get a reading, so I assume there is a problem in the wiring? Has anyone had this issue? Also, the efi relay stays significantly hotter than the others and carries a slightly lower voltage at 12.6 whereas the others ade all reading 13.2. Has anyone had any similar issues or know where to look for helpful diagrams?
hogdoctor

Re: wiring diagrams for fuel pump

Post by hogdoctor »

See image attached - the 15A fuse supplies power to the EFI relay, which supplies power to the C/OPN relay (instrument panel junction block in the lower finish panel) , which provides power to the pump. find the relays and check the sockets for power, and jump across the socket like the relay would if the relay isn't actuating properly or isn't getting the proper control signals. . Also check the pump ground path for continuity to ground. Test the pump by providing power to it directly with a jumper wire and check the current draw and fuel pressure. You'll find the problem somewhere along the way.
Attachments
fuelpumpcircuit.jpg
fuelpumpcircuit.jpg (89.16 KiB) Viewed 1802 times