New Owner Of a 2005 Vibe Base

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Sargeyork

New Owner Of a 2005 Vibe Base

Post by Sargeyork »

I am the proud new owner of a 2005 base vibe 1zzfe vin code 8. I live in Oakland county, MI and work in Madison Heights. I found a few things not quite right with the vibe so far but the most perplexing in the cabin air filter cover. What happens to them are they LOST or Broken or simply discarded as unnecessary? I also have to replace or have replaced the infamous blend door actuator/motor good grief did EVERY one go bad that was factory installed. I am transitioning from owning 3 trucks in a row but trucks are now, even used, just gone crazy in price and I hate cars you have to sit way down into or climb up a lot out of and this seems to be a good compromise and I personally think the looks of the vehicle is smart and sharp and not like all the cookie cutter vehicles out there where you can't tell brands apart anymore

]
Attachments
IMG_3137.JPG
IMG_3137.JPG (296.37 KiB) Viewed 1534 times
ehoff121

Re: New Owner Of a 2005 Vibe Base

Post by ehoff121 »

Welcome to genvibe!

The cabin air filter cover is easy to break off unfortunately. If the door is completely missing (it's not sold separately as a replacement part), than the easiest thing to do is make sure there's a clean filter in there and duct tape it shut. The duct tape will likely dry up and fall off just in time to change the filter again.

You could leave it open and you'd have a full time recirc return :lol:
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD - Platinum
Sargeyork

Post by Sargeyork »

Oh yes the door is available seperately at the auto parts store it is a Dorman part 45000 box says Air inlet repair Cabin Air Door with limited lifetime warranty
Attachments
11308066_rnb_45000_pri_thmb.jpg
11308066_rnb_45000_pri_thmb.jpg (2.74 KiB) Viewed 1530 times
runningslow

Post by runningslow »

Sargeyork wrote: good grief did EVERY one go bad that was factory installed.
In my experience, yes. Its not a question of IF the blend door actuator will fail, its a matter of WHEN will the blend door actuator fail.

I've owned two Vibes and both had the actuator tick when I bought it. I disabled one and fixed the other by flipping the gear. We'll see how long that repair lasts.
Josh
2005 Vibe GT ~ Platinum
2006 Vibe ~ Lava, Base, Auto
2005 Corolla S ~ Silver Streak Mica, Manual (Wife's)
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! Props on posting a picture right away ;)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
ehoff121

Post by ehoff121 »

Sargeyork wrote:Oh yes the door is available seperately at the auto parts store it is a Dorman part 45000 box says Air inlet repair Cabin Air Door with limited lifetime warranty
Oh, cool! Thanks for the correction and part number.
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD - Platinum
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe Sarge ;) As a neighbor just to your south, how's your Vibe look as far as corrosion and all the winter driving on Michigan roads? You don't see many rusty Vibes out there at all so I think they did a good job preserving the metals when being built. Hope you can make the Vibe meet in June ............... Welcome :D
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Sargeyork

Post by Sargeyork »

Behind the license plate in around the plate bolt holes is looking suspicious other than that ,have not found any yet.