Launch Control

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
taheny99

Launch Control

Post by taheny99 »

Hey guys, I’ve been driving a 5 speed 2003 vibe base model for a little over a year now and I’m ready to modify it. It has the 1zz-fe engine. I’m really wanting to put launch control on it so I can shoot flames. Call me ricer, but ever since fast and furious I’ve always wanted to shoot flames. I’ve searched all over the internet for launch control/rev limiter for the 1zzfe but i can not find anything. Has anyone else ever thought about this or tried it? Thanks.
SeattleJeremy

Re: Launch Control

Post by SeattleJeremy »

Welcome to Gen Vibe, I hope we can help you pursue your automotive needs. Does your car have an automatic or manual transmission? How many miles on the car? How long have you had it? What are your goals for the car (besides shooting fire).

Please watch this instructional video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x92Dzl0trhU

The best way to do this is to start with a Turbo car, remove the cats, and tune the car really rich.

Best way to do it with a Vibe is to install a propane tank and lights (that's what they did in FF to make it look the way it did).
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT