The vibe still exists in Japan :(

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
striker1211

The vibe still exists in Japan :(

Post by striker1211 »

I just learned of the Toyota Corolla Fielder. Why did they get this sportier vibe/matrix and we get stuck with a scion half-hatchback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWko6dLEz1c

Thoughts?
My Vehicle: 2008 Vibe Moon & Tunes 1.8L ATX
SeattleJeremy

Re: The vibe still exists in Japan :(

Post by SeattleJeremy »

More wagonie than the new Corolla Hatchback. I like it.
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
runningslow

Post by runningslow »

Yeah, I could probably see myself driving that. However, I do really like the look of the new 2019 Corolla Hatchback. That aside, I think our next vehicle purchase will probably be more RAV4 like...

With some quick research, it seems the Corolla Fielder first appeared as a contemporary of the Vibe/Matrix/Voltz in Japan. It looks to be more station wagon than the "Sport Wagon" the Vibe was sold as. Probably more akin to another contemporary, the Ford Focus Wagon.
Josh
2005 Vibe GT ~ Platinum
2006 Vibe ~ Lava, Base, Auto
2005 Corolla S ~ Silver Streak Mica, Manual (Wife's)
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
KingKrab65

Post by KingKrab65 »

striker1211 wrote:I just learned of the Toyota Corolla Fielder. Why did they get this sportier vibe/matrix and we get stuck with a scion half-hatchback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWko6dLEz1c

Thoughts?
I would buy it. I like that there is a Hybrid and also a 4wd versions available. Some of the other pictures I found look more Subaru than Toyota,
2003 Base Vibe
Vulcan05

Post by Vulcan05 »

runningslow wrote:Yeah, I could probably see myself driving that. However, I do really like the look of the new 2019 Corolla Hatchback. That aside, I think our next vehicle purchase will probably be more RAV4 like...

With some quick research, it seems the Corolla Fielder first appeared as a contemporary of the Vibe/Matrix/Voltz in Japan. It looks to be more station wagon than the "Sport Wagon" the Vibe was sold as. Probably more akin to another contemporary, the Ford Focus Wagon.
After trading our 2010 Vibe for a Camry, we realized that we missed the versatility, so we traded for a 2017 RAV4. Great car. I tell anyone who will listen about the Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Departure features. Those two updates alone are worth trading for. The bigger interior and more relaxing ride also come to mind. We got the XLE, one bump up from the base. When you are ready, definitely try the RAV.
2010 Vibe. Moon roof, Monsoon, 2.4 engine, 5 speed auto, cruise, dark gray.
runningslow

Post by runningslow »

Vulcan05 wrote:After trading our 2010 Vibe for a Camry, we realized that we missed the versatility, so we traded for a 2017 RAV4. Great car. I tell anyone who will listen about the Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Departure features. Those two updates alone are worth trading for. The bigger interior and more relaxing ride also come to mind. We got the XLE, one bump up from the base. When you are ready, definitely try the RAV.
Yeah, my wife has coworkers who swear by their Honda Pilots. I've also been impressed with the newer Escapes. However, I'd much rather stay in the family, if you catch my drift. Regardless, unless there's an emergency need for a new vehicle, we're still probably a year or two away from a new car.

When the time comes, what we've been thinking is that we'll upgrade my wife from her '05 Corolla to the larger vehicle, be it RAV4, Pilot, Escape, etc... When the time comes for me to replace my Vibe, which will likely be later than sooner, I do really like the look of the new Corolla Hatch and I'll probably stick to the more fuel efficient commuter option.
Josh
2005 Vibe GT ~ Platinum
2006 Vibe ~ Lava, Base, Auto
2005 Corolla S ~ Silver Streak Mica, Manual (Wife's)
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
enfield577

Post by enfield577 »

Been driving a RAV4 since 2012. I don't like the 2019 style, so I think a 2018 may be in my future real soon.
Don't know what this will mean for my Vibe.
:?
2009 Vibe GT Red Hot Metallic 2.4L
Garage - viewtopic.php?t=34799