new guy!!

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
newtoaVIBE

new guy!!

Post by newtoaVIBE »

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and new to a vibe as well. I picked up an 03 vibe I decent exterior shape with 300 k miles for $400. It wasn't in running condition when I bought it. The lady said it just needs an alternator. Well I put a new alternator on it and went ahead and replaced the belt tensioner as well as put a new belt on it. Had to put a new keylock cylinder in it as well as the one in it froze up on me. Had to drill it out. Its got a sunroof and surprisingly it drives good. Has a bit of a rough idle and the CEL is on. Now that warmer weather is here, tune up time.
vibrologist

Re: new guy!!

Post by vibrologist »

Welcome, newtoaVIBE!

I am glad you found us! You mean 299999 miles and no longer counting? Use the trip odo to keep track of maintenance. It looks you got a bargain there.

A few things:
Add your location into the signature. You may have help nearby.
We all like pictures of new additions to the GenVibe fleet. Post them directly tot he site.
Start a thread in the GenVibe Garage to keep track of the progress you are making and for us to enjoy!

I am loving it already!
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe :D Curious where you're from and looking forward to pics. Sounds like you got a bargain. ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! Anxiously awaiting pictures of your "new" Vibe...!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage