Electrical (removed)'s with Vibester!

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Vibester04

Electrical (removed)'s with Vibester!

Post by Vibester04 »

Hey guys,

So I pampered the Vibester the other day, bought LED's for front & rear park lights, brake lights and reverse lights, as well as scored a free LED flasher for the car. After install of everything, it all works great, except here's the weird thing (never seen this before)... When the brake is applied, the turn signal indicators on the dash illuminate half bright, but the signals themselves do not light, just the dash indicators... And sometimes only the left side indicator lights up... I had this problem with the 3rd brake light too, when I installed the 3rd brake light LED (921 type), the rear park lights illuminated with the brakes...

Also I should add, the LED flasher says on the cap that it's compatible with 4-6LEDs, I'm only running 4 on the turn signal circuit... They're the new style Philips LEDs... I'm suspicious of maybe not enough grounds or just simply too little resistance, in that case I'll just get a couple resistors next paycheck and tap them into the signal lines.

No big deal as the issue doesn't effect the operation of the signals, only annoying... I just want LED's :'( I can attach a photo of the issue if needed

Thanks guys,

Vibester04