It's not looking good...

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
CrispyChrisB

It's not looking good...

Post by CrispyChrisB »

Thinking Lil' Red is totaled. Lost out against an F150.
Attachments
IMG_1574.JPG
IMG_1574.JPG (63.61 KiB) Viewed 2272 times
2009 Vibe ('Lil Red)
Caretaker

Re: It's not looking good...

Post by Caretaker »

Yep; sorry about that. In this day of "a minor dent is a death sentence from the insurance company," your car is a gonner I'm afraid. I hope you remain injury free.
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

I agree with Caretaker, your Vibe is done. I hope you and your passengers are okay.
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
CrispyChrisB

Post by CrispyChrisB »

Yep, it's totaled. $6k salvage value. Seems pretty fair for a 9 year old car with 120k on the odometer. Before it's taken away, I'm guessing I should remove everything that I can? Floor mats, Toyota roof rack, operator's manual, etc?
2009 Vibe ('Lil Red)
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

CrispyChrisB wrote:Yep, it's totaled. $6k salvage value. Seems pretty fair for a 9 year old car with 120k on the odometer. Before it's taken away, I'm guessing I should remove everything that I can? Floor mats, Toyota roof rack, operator's manual, etc?
Only keep the things you want to repurpose/sell. I've learned if I keep things that don't have a place, they become clutter.
If plan to get another Vibe/Matrix keeping these make sense, otherwise let them go.
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Don't pull off too much because legally it belongs tot he insurance company.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
Misanthrope

Post by Misanthrope »

That sucks. :(

Hope you're ok.
Misanthrope

Post by Misanthrope »

vibrologist wrote:Don't pull off too much because legally it belongs tot he insurance company.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This
MacGyver

Post by MacGyver »

Grab the cupholder dividers. They are always in demand!
2009 Vibe Base
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Hate seeing photos like this BUT glad you're OK. Despite the fact that the car will now belong to the insurance company ... GRAB as much as you can, as long as it doesn't become clutter as Jeremy said. The Toyota roof racks look SWEET on our Vibes. Definitely remove that! Let us know if you plan on getting another one and maybe we'll help look for you ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
CrispyChrisB

Post by CrispyChrisB »

Thanks all for the condolences. I took my roof racks, floor mats, and owner's manual out (forgot about the cup holder divider), and will post on here for sale once I take pics.

Car shopping isn't fun, less so when you're up against a time crunch. On the plus side, not haggling over what your trade in is worth is great!

I am now driving an '18 GMC SLT Terrain, Diesel! The dealer had this one for less than it's gas engine counterpart, so I jumped on it.
Attachments
Picture1.jpg
Picture1.jpg (21.2 KiB) Viewed 2149 times
2009 Vibe ('Lil Red)
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

CrispyChrisB wrote:Car shopping isn't fun, less so when you're up against a time crunch.
I could not agree with you more. People don't take car buying as seriously as they should and end up either selling their cars every 2-5 years and/or not being prepared for when tragedy strikes and what to buy next. I research my cars at-nauseam and know that I would easily buy any of the three models I currently own (listed below) again for me or any of my family members. I also read a lot of auto reporting and know exactly which model I would buy should I find $30,000 in cash sitting by the side of the road. Again, should lady luck take a wrong turn, I'm always prepared to buy a used or new car the very next day without having to feel like I'm cramming for a macro-economics final.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Glad you're okay. Poor Vibe :cry:!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage