New viber!

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Knucky

New viber!

Post by Knucky »

Hello all, just picked up a 03 gt and so far so good. She has 220000 kms, runs great other than an exhaust(s) leak. Any suggestions for exhaust replacement? OME or aftermarket, Toyota or gm? Thanks and I will,post a pic or two soon. Vancouver Canada.
vibenvy

Re: New viber!

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! Sorry I can't be of any help with the exhaust because I'm not too familiar with the 1st gens (2003-2008), but I'm sure someone who is will chime in soon enough. If you're on Facebook, be sure to join us over there as well (if you haven't already). I'll be keeping an eye out for those pictures you mentioned ;)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
petervivian

Post by petervivian »

Welcome to Genvibe. See if you can fix the old pipe. Otherwise Toyota exhaust pipe is well made but may be more expensive than aftermarket ones. Considering the high mileage of the car I suggest spending as little as possible.
05 Vibe (Frosty), 13 VW CC (Fortana Red)
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe. Glad you found us here. Looking forward to pis of this GT. Visit us often here!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
ehoff121

Post by ehoff121 »

Welcome to genvibe!

"Exhaust leak" is pretty vague. Definitely get this fixed!

If it's the pipe, based on age and mileage, it might be wise to replace the pipe (including the cat & resonator) from the exhaust manifold to the muffler. There are 3rd party bolt on replacements that are under US$300. if you do, be sure to change the oxygen sensors as well (US$150). http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php ... cc=1432957

You'd be good to go for another 150,000 km. Your exhaust would outlast the odometer, but not the engine... :lol:
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD - Platinum
Knucky

Post by Knucky »

I checked the entire pipe from manifold to muffler. A leak at the manifold/exhaust junction and a couple of holes in the muffler at the back. The two other 'devices' don't show any leaks. Thanks for the feedback! I'm am on fb as Sven.