Correct Brake Fluid for 2010 Vibe?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Zimm

Correct Brake Fluid for 2010 Vibe?

Post by Zimm »

hi guys!

the forum search function didn't get me the answer i was looking for so i guess i'll start a new post.

i need to bleed out the old fluid in my car (2010 base) this weekend. and as we all know, the 2nd gen owner's manual is often incorrect on our fluids. i think the brake fluid was one that is wrong but can't find the answer. does anyone know which type of brake fluid is the correct one for my car? thanks in advance!
'10 Black w/1.8L AutoAir/PW/PL/PM
Caretaker

Re: Correct Brake Fluid for 2010 Vibe?

Post by Caretaker »

.....sorry, was just jammin' to Genesis' "Keep It Dark"..............
Take a look at your brake fluid cover/cap. It says right on it: DOT 3 only. No mystery fluid here. Enjoy. Back to Genesis........

The only (two) fluid errors in our manual are:

1. Dexcool for the radiator fluid : WRONG!!!! Use only Toyota Super Long Life Coolant, found in many stores such as O'Reilly's
2. Type IV transmission fluid: WRONG!!!! Use only World Standard (WS) compatible tranny fluid. Even AMSOIL makes a WS compatible fluid now.
Houston

Re: Correct Brake Fluid for 2010 Vibe?

Post by Houston »

For those who don't know, Toyota Super Long Life Coolant is good for ten years. If you're like me and don't want to do it yourself, head to a Toyota dealer. There were three other Vibes there along with mine when I was there. I wouldn't be surprised if Toyota dealers now service more Pontiac Vibes than do GM dealers.
2009 Base 2.4L with a few add-ons.