'08 Vibe Rocker Panel Molding Clips

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
klrcommute

'08 Vibe Rocker Panel Molding Clips

Post by klrcommute »

Had to pull these off to convert some rust and broke a few in the process and I'm having a heck of a time trying to find like replacements.

There appear to be like 5 distinct kinds. 2 kinds are visible from the bottom of the molding, and I managed to save those (they look like ~1" diameter black plastic plugs, and 1 little plastic screw-type plug.)

The ones I broke are hidden on the back side of the molding--there's maybe 8-ish of these things or so and they look to be 3 different kinds. There's a unique one on one end with a square hole that pulls out very hard (broke), like half a dozen in the middle that fit round holes that pull out fairly easy (saved) and another unique round hole one on the other end that looked like it had a couple pieces to the anchor and also pulled out very hard (broke.)

I've seen an exploded parts diagram online, but it must not be from an '08 as it's a different setup than mine, and the numbers aren't much use. Anyone recognize the kind of setup I'm talking about and can point me in the direction of some replacements, whether OEM GM or TOYOTA or alternative. If necessary, I'll just measure all the holes and find something to fit, but y'all know how these plastic fasteners are: obnoxious, proprietary, expensive little pieces of junk and I'd prefer not to buy the wrong ones several times before I get it right.

Thanks everyone!