We are loving this car

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
biske

We are loving this car

Post by biske »

Hello!

My wife and I recently purchased this car for our PNW adventures! We had been looking for a relatively inexpensive utility hatchback and the Vibe/Matrix fit the bill. Out of all the Pontiacs on the road, we see this one the most: I wonder if it's the Toyota in it. They all seemed FWD so we were surprised when we found a decently maintained 2010 AWD version with 113k miles.

The ride was rather harsh, so I replaced the wheels and tires with 225/60/16 and it's a world of difference! I couldn't find much on the longevity of the AWD Vibes, but hopefully it can get another 100k miles.

You guys had a lot of useful information when researching the car before purchase. Thank you!

tpollauf

Re: We are loving this car

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe. A photo AND location all on your first post. You rock ;) As far as longevity goes you should easily get MORE than an additional 100K miles out of this vehicle. And YES the Toyota drivetrain is a big reason for that and why so many of us own these. Get involved here and visit often :D
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
JetBlack

Post by JetBlack »

Welcome to GenVibe biske! Hope to see you often around here.
Join the VibeTribe on Drive Tribe https://drivetribe.com/t/LGVEe7TeQceVCW ... rTPsS40_rQ
2009 Vibe 2.4l Premium Package w/ Roof Rails
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Welcome, biske! Consider starting a thread in the GenVibe Garage and report on your PNW adventures.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
biske

Post by biske »

Thanks!

I'll try to make my way around. Off to the garage.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! Props on posting a picture of your "new" Vibe right away ;)! Any plans for modifications of any kind?
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage