My first Vibe (new member) :)

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
vibe44

My first Vibe (new member) :)

Post by vibe44 »

Hi everyone! Two weeks ago I purchased a 2009 red Vibe (2.4L / FWD) with only 34,000 kms on it! I just sold my fully loaded Mazda 3 GT sedan at 319,600kms, which was difficult to say goodbye to after 10 wonderful years.... :( .... but I need a good car to commute in (approx 100kms per day) so feeling good about my new purchase.
:arrow: 2009 Vibe - 2.4L Automatic
tpollauf

Re: My first Vibe (new member) :)

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe :D That was a very rare find you landed there. Only 21000 miles (5000 less than my 2009 Vibe GT) and I thought I didn't drive mine that much :o Someone obviously had me beat. Glad you found it and should last you another 10 years & then some!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibe44

Post by vibe44 »

Thanks for the warm welcome tpollauf! :)
ehoff121

Post by ehoff121 »

Welcome to genvibe!

If you add your location to your profile, e.g., province, you might find some local Canadian Vibers on the forum.

Good luck with your new to you Vibe!
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD - Platinum
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Welcome vibe44!
Coming over here from a a Mazda must feel a little bittersweet. I had an '86 Mazda 323 and I still feel sad about trading it in for a minivan after 9 years. Then I bought a near beater status '97 Protege for my teenagers to learn stick shift. We had that one for 6 years none the less. I got my vibe to replace the superfluous minivan 3 years ago. I wasn't sure but it turned out to be great move.
You should have a great time with your low km Vibe (what a find!). Just keep an eye on the oil level, there are some 2.4L engines that use excessive amounts of oil. I hope yours doesn't. And if it does it is mostly an inconvenience.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
Derugala

Post by Derugala »

Hello everybody! Just wanted to start out saying i've been around GM all of my life, Pontiac has been big in my family. My father had an '03 Vibe GT since it was new, he worked at a Pontiac dealer and had it the way he wanted it. That was the car I grew up around and the first car I learned how to drive a Manual with, sad to say after 240k miles and a blown motor we had to say goodbye to our Vibe in March of 2016, Since then I have been on the hunt to make new memories with my own Vibe! Not long from now i'm going to be trading out my car ('96 Buick Park Avenue) for an '03 Vibe GT! Now my father and I will get to make new memories with this new Vibe!
"No matter what happens in life, nothing beats a good drive."
vibe44

Post by vibe44 »

ehoff121 wrote:Welcome to genvibe!

If you add your location to your profile, e.g., province, you might find some local Canadian Vibers on the forum.

Good luck with your new to you Vibe!
Hey, thanks ehoff121! I'm in South Surrey, BC (close to Crescent Beach/White Rock), if anyone is around the area, say hello!
Derugala

Post by Derugala »

Thank you so much! I'll keep everyone updated!
"No matter what happens in life, nothing beats a good drive."
vibe44

Post by vibe44 »

vibrologist wrote:Welcome vibe44!
Coming over here from a a Mazda must feel a little bittersweet. I had an '86 Mazda 323 and I still feel sad about trading it in for a minivan after 9 years. Then I bought a near beater status '97 Protege for my teenagers to learn stick shift. We had that one for 6 years none the less. I got my vibe to replace the superfluous minivan 3 years ago. I wasn't sure but it turned out to be great move.
You should have a great time with your low km Vibe (what a find!). Just keep an eye on the oil level, there are some 2.4L engines that use excessive amounts of oil. I hope yours doesn't. And if it does it is mostly an inconvenience.
Hi vibrologist! Another Mazda fan I see. I can't say I don't miss my Mazda, sold only 4 days ago, and admittedly there have been a few tears (sensitive female :roll: ), but I think I'm going to enjoy the Vibe, which basically landed in my lap through a colleague at work, and I just couldn't resist the low mileage. Thanks for the tip about the oil. I'll definitely keep an eye on it.
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Another Mazda fan I see.
Yes, indeed. I was pining for a Mazda 6 wagon. I need the way back for our springer spaniel. However, there weren't any reasonably priced Mazda 6 wagons within 300 miles.

The Vibe was just 1 or 2 miles away. I did not notice Vibes prior to buying mine. Now I see them everywhere. It's called recognition bias. I like to park mine next to other Vibes if I can.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
Hope2BuyVibeTomorrow

Post by Hope2BuyVibeTomorrow »

Hello and welcome from Vancouver! Enjoy your vibe
Oh and post a picture eh
2004 Pontiac Vibe Base Automatic Orange on Gray Cladding
GenVibe Rules!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! Great to see another 2nd gen (2009-2010) owner join! Definitely post some pictures of your "new" Vibe when you get a chance ;)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage