Performance After 200K

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
tokenlocal

Performance After 200K

Post by tokenlocal »

I have an '07 base model Vibe that I drove for a few years and then gave to my daughter for her first car. It now has 207000 miles on it and is still going strong other than it's lost some pep in its step. It was never a speedster, but the initial pick up and punch up have fallen off a bit and I'm wondering if anything can be done to help. With my daughter going off to college she won't be driving it until next summer. Its also undecided if she'll need it other than for summer driving the next 4 years, but I'd like to get some more miles out of it and avoid buying her another car. My local mechanic doesn't think much can be done, but I get the feeling he thinks its a waste of time to deal with a high mileage Vibe. I'm grateful for any tips, ideas or experienced shared. You all know what a great car this is. . Go Vibe!
MacGyver

Re: Performance After 200K

Post by MacGyver »

It's normal to expect the performance of a car to decrease as it ages. This post gives a good explanation. https://www.reddit.com/r/AskEngineers/c ... over_time/
2009 Vibe Base
petervivian

Re: Performance After 200K

Post by petervivian »

Clean the throttle body. Put some seafoam to clean off the carbon build up.
05 Vibe (Frosty), 13 VW CC (Fortana Red)