New Member :)

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Wreckoning90125

New Member :)

Post by Wreckoning90125 »

My 99 Mercury Mystique was getting costly to repair at 185k miles, especially after all the neglect and abuse it received as my first car. The fuel pump and relay went out the day my wife and I got married, and I decided it was time to part ways. I purchased my Mom's 08 Vibe at ~70K miles, and she bought a new Corolla XSE. I'm loving this car, and I'm excited to join the forums as an owner of a vibe with relatively few miles on it, in great condition for it's age. So far I've detailed the engine bay and interior, had the windows tinted, replaced the factory head unit with a Pioneer MVH-X690BS, and stuck a scosche magnetic phone mount on the dash panel for using my phone GPS. Next Monday I'll be headed to the DMV for registration and plates :D, and shortly after that I'll be at the 75K oil/filter change and tire rotation. I look forward to being an active member!
------------Image------------
MacGyver

Re: New Member :)

Post by MacGyver »

Welcome to GenVibe! You are my hero because you did a sensible thing and replaced the ancient radio before you even registered the car. Good choice on the head unit, the 690 is nice. Welcome to 2017 :mrgreen:
2009 Vibe Base
ImUrOBGYN

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

Welcome. Glad you enjoy the car. It's a good, little car. Hard to get into power mods without a bit of cash, but it takes well to the available suspension and handling mods. Myself and my passengers find the car more of a pleasure to drive and ride in than when it was stock.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe :D You a "west coaster" I take it (update profile for us)? Also pics when you get a chance, especially the radio upgrade. Visit often ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! Post some pictures of your "new" Vibe when you get a chance ;)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Glad you like the car, and welcome to genvibe, but

Congratulations on the wedding. Remember to commit random acts of romance
trb

Post by trb »

Welcome! Sounds like you got a good car there. Good luck with it and certainly come here for more info!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car