Haven't Posted for awhile....

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
korax234

Haven't Posted for awhile....

Post by korax234 »

Figured I would just do an update on how my Vibe is coming along. Soon I will be painting the body plastic and polishing up the headlights. SO stay tuned for those videos. All in all my Vibe looks a lot better than it did a year ago. Also check out the powerstop brake videos I did.

Yes I know this is pormoting my channel but I am also trying to bring back some excitement to the Vibe since they aren't NEW anymore.

Here is the latest video....

https://youtu.be/1HFATGgCvpk

Thanks, Have a Great Day
ImUrOBGYN

Re: Haven't Posted for awhile....

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

copypaste!!! :D

Good quality vid. I really want to vid all the car stuff I do to help others, but ugh. I want to want to do it. haha Too bad I didn't know someone who lived closer who liked doing videuhs like yourself. Anyway, couple questions...

Did you do a proper brake bedding procedure for your new setup or just drive it around x amount of miles over time? This can have a profound affect on braking quality. But in normal day to day, probably not much.

Secondly, the pad material and tires will have the largest affect on braking distance along w/abs system. If you purchased an upgraded, larger brake kit and/or multi piston caliper setup or even changed out the old rubber lines, you would have an improvement in braking quality and/or brake fade over time; over a properly working, stock system of course. But with what looks like a stock replacement equip, minus the drilled/crossed discs which may provide the tiniest bit of bite and extra cooling. And it just looks cooler. haha I didn't notice. Did you paint your calipers? I so regret getting lazy on painting mine when I reconjiggered my braking system.

The stock system is actually pretty decent - when it had less miles on it ;) . I didn't really expect much of an improvement. Maybe a bit less fade over time but I wouldn't want to do that much testing just for a braking video on my car unless it was being sponsored. haha
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage