Pics; Trying to confirm Jack point location on 2005 AWD Vibe. Help.

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
pointbob

Pics; Trying to confirm Jack point location on 2005 AWD Vibe. Help.

Post by pointbob »

HI all

I'm trying to rotate tires on my AWD 2005 vibe. The rear is different then a regular vibe (which has an obvious square spot on the rear for a jack)....not so on the AWD. I attached pics. Is it safe to place the jack in the front and rear area I have place red "?" marks??

REAR 1) There is a flat spot in the rear where I placed a red ? mark. And another spot " or here ??" which looks like some linkage connector arm...

FRONT 2) And a flat spot sort of just behind the front hook. Is that ok?

SIDE 3) And can I place floor jacks along the pinch on the side of the car just behind the front wheels too?

thanks!

Image Image Image Image
vibrologist

Re: Pics; Trying to confirm Jack point location on 2005 AWD Vibe. Help.

Post by vibrologist »

I used the front tow hook hump or the bolt area on my base '05 without issues.

From the looks of it the rear sub frame at the "?" should work as well. Consider that it is designed to support the whole rear of the car with cargo plus dynamic loads I'd have no qualms about jacking it up there.

The side points are obviously there for the scissors jack. A grooved hockey puck or piece of wood with a groove across the grain will help if you use a hydraulic jack. I have jacked up right next to the seam as well, but I do not like it.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
pointbob

Re: Pics; Trying to confirm Jack point location on 2005 AWD Vibe. Help.

Post by pointbob »