Leaking Sun Roof needing help

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
MadJoe

Leaking Sun Roof needing help

Post by MadJoe »

Hello all. It's been awhile since I checked in but I now find myself in need of help.

In the last month, my '03 Vibe has developed a major water leak at the sun roof when it rains. I've cleaned the weather strip but it did not slow things down.
Between the sun roof and the top of the car, I can see water pooling and then dripping into the car. Is there suppose to be a drain that may have become clogged?
I suspect others have run into this before. Any advice you can give me? Thanks
MadJoe

Re: Leaking Sun Roof needing help

Post by MadJoe »

after looking further, I believe I have found front drain holes. I am going to blow them out. Are there suppose to be drain holes in the rear of the sun roof or just the front. Thanks again.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

There are drains in the rear corners of the drip tray part of the sunroof. cant't really see or access them at the sunroof, but you could blow them out from the bottom, they exit the car on the bottom, behind each rear wheel
SlammedNiss

Post by SlammedNiss »

Yea, check your drains and make sure they didn't become detached or clogged. Found this video that explains it.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/RV50pxBzleU[/youtube]

Just Click Here!!

Apparently the youtube BBCode doesn't work correctly.... :evil:
2003 Matrix Xrs Automatic - SOLD :'(
2011 Rav4 Sport