New Member Vibe 2009- Abbie

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Abbie89

New Member Vibe 2009- Abbie

Post by Abbie89 »

Greetinngs,

I'm Abbie thanks for letting me join this forum. Lord knows I have searched high and low seeking help on how to continue to maintain my baby (yes my car is like one of my family).
MacGyver

Re: New Member Vibe 2009- Abbie

Post by MacGyver »

Welcome Abbie, you've found a family here that loves your car just as much as you do. Maybe even more so! :oops:

Tell us about your Vibe and post a pic!
2009 Vibe Base
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe young lady ;) Post pics soon and update profile with location. You've just become a part of a valuable network of resources which will definitely help keep your Vibe running almost forever!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Welcome Abbie!
Please add your location to your signature because you may have a helpful member in your neighborhood. Also we all like to see a picture of your Vibe.
I noticed you posted under bigfoot's thread "Big Repair Bill! Need Help" the following:
Vibe 09'- Abbie

My issue is I may have electrical issue plus my fuel door wont open when I lift the lever to fuel up my car. I only had her for 2 years now bought her in 2015, she was used but only had 140k at time of sale. I was quoted by GM dealer nearly $500 just to diagnose if it's an electrical issue or not. Is there anyway I can fix this myself? If so any tips how I can do just that willing to learn. I live in Wisconsin so for some reason mechanics rather try to talk circles around the women in my experience. Please help I want to keep my car she's PERFECT!!
1st: it's easier for us to keep track of your issue if it is under its own thread, that is why I copied it here.

2nd why do you think you have an electrical issue? What does the car do to make you think so? Is there a warning light on?

In my '05 Vibe my fuel door operates on a cable. Maybe all you need to do is spray some WD 40 on the hinge and latch of the door.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe Abbie! As others have already said, post some pictures of your baby when you get a chance ;)!

Also, if you're on Facebook, you can join GenVibe on there as well. It's a bit more active than the forums.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage