Worth it to buy Vibe GT to part out?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
bkcev

Worth it to buy Vibe GT to part out?

Post by bkcev »

Hey there
I have in my area two Pontiac Vibe GT's, one with a working engine and one without. I have a lot of experience working on the 2ZZ-GE and was wondering whether it would be worth it to buy the two cars to fix and sell or to buy and part out. Both are 2003 Pontiac Vibe GTs. The working one is $800 and the non working one that needs a two is $700. Both are still stock with engines and trans.
Caretaker

Re: Worth it to buy Vibe GT to part out?

Post by Caretaker »

You know what I'm gonna say...........14 year old cars??? Unless you are unemployed and have all the time in the world to tinker with them and love doing it, you will be working on machines with diminished returns and possibly lots of hidden headaches. I am doubtful that used car parts sold by individuals is very lucrative. I would think most customers would rather take a chance with a business that will offer some kind of warranty for the used part they are about to buy.
bkcev

Post by bkcev »

Sorry for being unclear, both cars have c60 transmissions that work and 2ZZ-GE engines. I meant to take out the engines and transmissions and sell them online as well as part out both vehicles on GenVibe since there might be people interested in said parts...
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Sad to see them both potentially head to the graveyard BUT if you or someone else does decide to part them out, let us know here first. You'll definitely get some hits! FYI ... where approximately are these located? I purchased a 2003 Vibe Gt project car which needs some minor work and will need some parts eventually (whenever I get started)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
bkcev

Post by bkcev »

New england, and one car still runs but is high mileage, the other is sitting with a spun rod bearing but working trans. I guess I am asking now what interest there might be in these cars. I just want to make sure that I will be able to break even...
pakong

Post by pakong »

I'm looking for a subwoofer cover for a 2010 Vibe. Anybody know where I can find one?
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

pakong wrote:I'm looking for a subwoofer cover for a 2010 Vibe. Anybody know where I can find one?
car-part.com
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage