Proud New Owner!

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
treewiz

Proud New Owner!

Post by treewiz »

Just bought a 2007 VVTi Base Vibe FWD with 80,000 miles on it. It is a one owner car in mint condition, white with black leather interior and alloy wheels, brand new brakes, and brand new tires. The interior looks like new. Premium rubber mats were included. Just love it! The only gripe I have is the radio reception sucks but there seems to be an option of Xm radio in it, with a preview channel band and a Shark Fin antenna on top next to the bigger antenna. What's up with these OEM radios?
MacGyver

Re: Proud New Owner!

Post by MacGyver »

Welcome to GenVibe! Sounds like you got a great score!

As far as the radio reception, sounds like the antenna amplifier is bad. The amp is located in the antenna base and you have to remove it and replace it with the same, maybe from a junkyard. You drop the headliner a bit at the rear hatch and then get a 21mm socket to loosen the nut, then it comes off. Here's a replacement part I found on ebay so you know what it looks like: http://www.ebay.com/itm/16-Aerial-Anten ... 2188673338

As for XM radio, you should be able to tune to XM channel 0 and get your radio ID, then sign up for a free trial of XM. Just call them and tell them you are a new owner and want a trial.

The OEM radio design is from 15 years ago so it doesn't have any modern features or even an aux jack.
2009 Vibe Base
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe. What did this set you back $$$ ? Post pics when you get a chance :D
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! Definitely post some pictures of your "new" Vibe when you get a chance ;)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
treewiz

Post by treewiz »

I bought from Father and sons dealership in Springfield Mass. for $6776.00. When we were done with all the tax, docking fee, and registration for New York, we paid $8,000.00. Would not have bought this if it wasn't in this mint kind of shape. I know the history behind the car of one owner and it was well maintained and taken care of. Don't have pictures of the car as of yet but I will get some perhaps this week. I love this vehicle and I get around 33 miles per gal.
ehoff121

Post by ehoff121 »

Welcome to genvibe!

Good luck with the new ride!!
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD - Platinum