6 CD quit working

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
mrfiezzi

6 CD quit working

Post by mrfiezzi »

I have a 2007 Vibe with the Moon & Tunes package. The 6CD player (I think it is option code CD6) quit working. The Cd will load / unload but will NOT play. Better to have the original unit repaired (Approx $140) or I did see a new unit on eBay ($190). Warranty either way is 6 months. Ideas or help most welcome.
joatmon

Re: 6 CD quit working

Post by joatmon »

All my music is in files on my smartphone. I don't listen to actual CDs much anymore, so for me, the better option would be to replace it with an aftermarket radio that has an actual AUX in, or even better bluetooth.

You can check out car-parts.com to see if a junkyard near you has one for a reasonable price. Places near me want too much for one, but some far away from me have what seems to be good prices, don't know where you are
MacGyver

Re: 6 CD quit working

Post by MacGyver »

For $140, you can get a replacement radio with no moving parts and way more features. Many new vehicles today come with no CD player, instead they have a USB port or SD card slot to play MP3's - or stream from a phone via Bluetooth.
2009 Vibe Base