Dc sports header issues?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
TraumaForYou

Dc sports header issues?

Post by TraumaForYou »

Anyone have any issues after installing the dc sports header? I've posted under problems but am trying to get a quicker response so thought I'd post in the lounge.

Added new donut gasket and manifold gasket, the company sent me the wrong 02 sensor so it ran with one tightened but unplugged for two days. For those two days it ran OK but not great. Trying to budget I got an 02 sensor for 03-05 model years and it plugged in just fine. It's been a day now and when accelerating my 06 vibe chugs pretty badly. The check engine light just turned on this morning. I don't know if I need to give the ecu more time to adjust or if there's a problem. Any input would be appreciated
ImUrOBGYN

Re: Dc sports header issues?

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

I would try lengthening your old O2 rather than use an older model O2 as they have varying egr systems. Then reset your ECU.

Not really sure why you're having a chugging issue. Did you perform the work yourself? Have you ran your engine codes, yet - even if the light isn't on?
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
TraumaForYou

Post by TraumaForYou »

ImUrOBGYN wrote:I would try lengthening your old O2 rather than use an older model O2 as they have varying egr systems. Then reset your ECU.

Not really sure why you're having a chugging issue. Did you perform the work yourself? Have you ran your engine codes, yet - even if the light isn't on?
I'm willing to bet that it's the sensor, engine light is in I just didn't get a chance to pull it at work. Talked to our heavy tech at work and he said it may just need to adjust and if it doesn't then get the right 02. I did the work myself with another person. Everything is tightened down correctly, I work for a dealership service department so I know after consulting with multiple techs what I was doing at least a little :D
ImUrOBGYN

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

I asked who performed the work since everytime I've ever had someone else do something for me, I've had to go behind and fix something else. Since you did it yourself, it's easier to keep track of what may've been touched, accidentally unplugged, etc. I would still use a proper O2 sensor. Don't forget to check those codes. I'm sure the light won't let you forget. haha
Be sure to keep us updated and good luck.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
TraumaForYou

Post by TraumaForYou »

ImUrOBGYN wrote:I asked who performed the work since everytime I've ever had someone else do something for me, I've had to go behind and fix something else. Since you did it yourself, it's easier to keep track of what may've been touched, accidentally unplugged, etc. I would still use a proper O2 sensor. Don't forget to check those codes. I'm sure the light won't let you forget. haha
Be sure to keep us updated and good luck.
I've got an o2 sensor coming so I just have the other tightened but not plugged in. The only issue is the sensor because once I unplug it my car doesn't chug and runs somewhat good lol.