Picked up an 07 base Moonstone

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
soccerdad

Picked up an 07 base Moonstone

Post by soccerdad »

Just picked this thing up and have started going through it. It has a salvage title, but has been repaired. Only has 75k miles and is fairly clean . It's an auto, which I usually wouldn't have picked, but it seems to work ok. I think the wheels are from a GT, and it has the monsoon sound system as well. I am a Jeep guy and also have a 99 Jeep Cherokee and a 67 Jeepster Commando. I plan on getting this thing completely tuned up and ready for some long trips. Here's a pic.

I'll be doing a bunch of reading on here to get ideas for this thing. That Moonstone picture thread needs some help. Ha. Looking forward to a lot of good times with the vibe.
vibrologist

Re: Picked up an 07 base Moonstone

Post by vibrologist »

Welcome, soccerdad!
Nice catch!
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe Soccerdad :D Seeing how it had a salvage title do you know what was wrong with it in it's prior life. Also you probably got it for a steal (curious minds want to know $$$) Glad you found us here. Visit often ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
soccerdad

Post by soccerdad »

Here's a better picture of it.

I'm pretty sure it was hit in the driver rear corner. Zero frame damage but the new paint hasn't held up that great so I can tell where it has been repainted. Still looks decent overall though. These Vibes and Matrices go for a pretty penny here in nor-cal/cen-cal and would've been in the neighborhood of $7,000+ if it was a clean title(and without the paint issue) due to the low miles. I picked it for $4,800 which I feel is a fair deal as it needs front brakes and a couple other small things. It's a lot of car for $4,800. I was a Tech for awhile and do all my own repair work myself so the salvage title doesn't bother me one bit. I plan on painting the wheels a dark grey/bronzy color and getting some cross bars for the roof rack. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with it. Thanks for the welcome! I'll have to get a picture of it with the painted wheels up on the moonstone thread once they're done.
djan2000

Post by djan2000 »

Welcome, soccerdad - nice Vibe! 8-)
2009 Vibe GT Red Hot Metallic
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! Very nice looking 1st gen you've got there! Thanks for sharing pictures ;)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
collins92

Post by collins92 »

Neat looking 2007 Base you got there, looking at a the same year as well.