New Member - 2007 Vibe

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
roleo71

New Member - 2007 Vibe

Post by roleo71 »

Hi. I just purchased a 2007 base Vibe auto. It's high mileage (224,000km) but seems to be in pretty good condition. I had to have a front strut and some other suspension and brake work done for the car to pass inspection. It also had several bulbs burnt out. I was able to replace the high brake light, tail lights, license plate lights, and one headlight after watching D-I-Y videos online. The radio display and the shifter light are also gone but I'm not comfortable trying that repair myself. I seen an ad online for a local guy who can fix those issues.
One thing that bothers me about the car is that it doesn't have power locks. Every car I've had for the last 15 years have had remote power locks. I find it to be a real pain having to go back to unlocking with a key and having to lock each door by hand. I own a 2003 Corolla with remote power locks that I am scrapping after a collision. Wondering if those power locks would be able to be installed into a Vibe? The lock mechanism up by the inside door handles look the same in both cars. Wouldn't need to put the interior power lock button in the car because the remote does that function anyway. Anyone know if this would be possible?
vibrologist

Re: New Member - 2007 Vibe

Post by vibrologist »

Welcome roleo71 !

Add your location to the signature. Who knows, you may have a helpful neighbor right here on this forum. Also even though everyone here knows how a Vibe looks we still enjoy seeing a photo of our member's Vibes. I hope you can post one soon.

I don't know if anyone has used Corolla door lock actuators in a Vibe. You may be the one who finds out if it can be done. I am guessing it should be possible. You could look up the parts numbers under Corolla and then Matrix/Vibe. If they match it would be a positive sign.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe (wherever you're from). Yes, I would think (and gamble) thatt they would work in the Vibe. Go for it and let us know it works!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! Definitely post some pictures of your Vibe when you get a chance ;)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage