It was almost the end of my vibe:(

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Heinz1

It was almost the end of my vibe:(

Post by Heinz1 »

I haven't been on here forever but I bought my 2009 base model new and had its first major mishap a deer ran into the side of it the other night while going 55mph. It needs a door, fender, hood and a headlight good thing I have insurance because there's $5500 damage and the had to stretch my cars worth out to 6500 to keep from totalling it I didn't want that. Seems the doors on the 2009-10s are really expensive from gm ($1400) situations like this could be the end of a bunch of these cars in a few years:(
Attachments
IMG_3972.JPG
IMG_3972.JPG (92.88 KiB) Viewed 1849 times
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson
Caretaker

Re: It was almost the end of my vibe:(

Post by Caretaker »

doesn't look that bad actually. I'm glad you are OK and still with us. I had a deer on the GW Parkway in VA try to hitchhike with me. At 45 mph, he tried to join my warm car through the windshield. My car was a wreck. He galloped off into the winter morning unphased at the terror he instilled in me. I then recall my experience with my one week old car in the mountains of West Virginia as I observed a small deer calculate his run, purposefully and willfully slamming into my new Malibu Maxx causing crunching damage of my hood. I love deer...........I use only a smidgeon of A-1 when I eat them.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Wow ... Good thing I'm not an estimator or I'd be giving away the Farm :o Before I even read your post, just looking at pics, I figured $1500 - $2000 max to fix this. What a joke at $5500 !!! They better be a union shop with full benefits, two pensions, 401k and a no deductible health plan :lol:

On a more serious note, glad it will be fixed and kept in service. Any airbags deploy? That's where cars get totaled, even if cosmetic damage is not that bad. Keep us posted on repair progress ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

What a mess.
A situation like this can turn into a boost of cash flow. I would take a check and find a used door, and maybe other parts. http://www.car-part.com/ is your friend. If you look around you will find a body shop that works with you.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
Heinz1

Post by Heinz1 »

Caretaker I'm glad your ok after your deer hits and I like salt and pepper, This price was from the insurance adjuster. I left it at a body shop lastnight and they were going to look for some used parts. Luckily there were no airbags deployed
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Man, poor Vibe :cry:! Glad to hear you're okay though and that the Vibe is repairable. As others have already said, definitely keep us updated on the repairs.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Heinz1

Post by Heinz1 »

The body shop called me and said they can fix the hood and they found a used door, so there making progress
Heinz1

Post by Heinz1 »

Got it back yesterday now good as new
Heinz1

Post by Heinz1 »

All shiny
Attachments
IMG_4019.JPG
IMG_4019.JPG (35.01 KiB) Viewed 1689 times
IMG_4018.JPG
IMG_4018.JPG (46.92 KiB) Viewed 1689 times
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Looks good. These pics are during an overcast day. Does the paint match up pretty good? Look it over on a bright sunny day and you'll know for sure. Especially the metallic in the paint! What was the total $$$ for these repairs?
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Heinz1

Post by Heinz1 »

I have looked at it in the bright sun light today and it looks good it might have more gloss than when it was new, it ended up costing $5000