Front End '03 vs '05 differences

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
nnnudibranch

Front End '03 vs '05 differences

Post by nnnudibranch »

Hey guys,

Haven't been on here in a long time. Unfortunately I am coming back with the worst kind of news: I wrecked the front of the vibe pretty badly - the radiator, driver's headlight, manifold, several hoses, and A/c at the front will need replacement. This, and the hood, bumper and side panel are on the casualty list. I am looking at picking up a $400 parts-only '03 to swap parts in, and am wondering if anyone knows if there are major differences in the '03 to '05 parts that would make this not work out.

I can post a picture of the damage if someone asks, chose not to as it is pretty cringe-worthy :(
ImUrOBGYN

Re: Front End '03 vs '05 differences

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

I can't think of any offhand. Hopefully, you'll hear something more definitive, though. gl
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
runningslow

Re: Front End '03 vs '05 differences

Post by runningslow »

Shouldn't be anything stopping you. Cosmetically, there have been a number of people who have put the 03-04 nose on an 05-08. Headlights and foglights and are the same housing. Only difference is that parts of 03-04 headlights are blacked out where you get chrome on the 05-08.

I don't think there are any mechanical differences that you'll run into either.
Josh
2005 Vibe GT ~ Platinum
2006 Vibe ~ Lava, Base, Auto
2005 Corolla S ~ Silver Streak Mica, Manual (Wife's)
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.