website ghost land

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
MaxxVibe

website ghost land

Post by MaxxVibe »

this is really quite a ghost land anymore isnt it? i know pontiac vibes arent made anymore but, did everybody sell theres and move on? used to be quite an active group and surely not everybody that used to have a vibe sold it, or did they? hard to get responses and replies, didnt used to be that way.
2009 Vibe GT/Factory Bermuda Bay Blue/5 speed shiftable automatic/ two tone leather combo interior/18x7 factory polished wheels/rear spoiler/ Monsoon Premium sound system/ Grafxwerks badging/20% tint all around
jayoldschool

Re: website ghost land

Post by jayoldschool »

Most people on forums have moved on to FB. Sad. I don't FB, so I just hang out on the old dead forums.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

jayoldschool wrote:Most people on forums have moved on to FB. Sad. I don't FB, so I just hang out on the old dead forums.
I'm with you there Jay ;) No FaceBook for me either. Wife & kids tell me that GenVibe is my Facebook. Well if that's true than I'm good with that! :D
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Vulcan05

Post by Vulcan05 »

No facecrap for me. I try my best to keep viruses off my computer. Facecrap has become the world's biggest virus.
2010 Vibe. Moon roof, Monsoon, 2.4 engine, 5 speed auto, cruise, dark gray.
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

I did not like A$$BOOK either but I converted. It is almost impossible to go without a FB account. Unfortunately FB conversations are exceptionally superficial and many questions that pop up there are covered in depth right here on the original GenVibe forum. For the social aspects and for the sake of keeping a pulse on the good vibes related to Vibes and their owners participating in the FB group is a positive. YMMV, of course.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I try to check in here at least once a week. There's definitely more superficial action going on on FB, but I personally enjoy the forum more.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
chappy

Post by chappy »

I post on both. :P

There's a social yet unorganized aspect in fb so it's easier to post random pictures. More technical topics or things I want it to be organized and easily searched, I post here.

Facebook is more integrated so it is just more convenient to use.
BenWA

Post by BenWA »

My Vibe is too reliable. I don't have any problems with it right now to bother posting on here. :lol:
2003 Vibe Base A/T
petervivian

Post by petervivian »

I didn't know guys have moved to facebook. I just found the group page and joined :D
05 Vibe (Frosty), 13 VW CC (Fortana Red)
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

my issue with facebook is that groups can't really be searched for information...so questions can get answered, but the information gets buried quickly
Houston

Post by Houston »

Yeah, I don't come here nearly as often as I did just a few years ago. This board was really rockin' at one time, but when Vibes stopped being manufactured we all knew things would change here. This board has been helpful to me many times over the years and I hope it sticks around.

Just a reminder to those who have 2009 Vibes - and maybe some other years, too - our Vibes came with Toyota Super Long Life coolant which is supposedly good for ten years. Most of us aren't used to expecting coolant to last ten years, so I recently had mine changed after seven just to play it safe. The old coolant still looked new and was probably still good for a few more years, but I didn't want to chance it.
2009 Base 2.4L with a few add-ons.
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

im still surprised that vibe owners don't migrate to matrixowners.com (which is also slow), but at least the gen2's were manufactured into the 2014/2015MY