New member with 2 vibes

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
jwct7

New member with 2 vibes

Post by jwct7 »

I LOVE these vehicles... for many different reasons. I have an 05 and an 06 both are base models one with body colored trim, the other has the grey plastic. I thought of adding a lower rear "spoiler/diffuser" from the Matrix but all 3 pieces are hard to find. Has anyone done this?
My real difficulty tho is that last weekend I replaced the front lower control arms on the 06, and when I lowered the car back down the TOE IN was extreme, so extreme that I bottomed out both tie rod ends and still have too much toe in. I am baffled by this as it seems the rack has grown longer???? The tires were singing to me so as a temp measure I removed a jam nut from a tie rods and used some thread locker with the rod end on one side and it still bottomed out. I only do a gentle 4 miles to work so it will suffice until I can remedy this. Any ideas??? I want to change the rack but that doesn't guarantee the issue will be resolved. After reading some other steering comments on here I too have slight "off center" steering wheel but that doesn't bother me, however this alignment issue is something I have never seen before.
Any help would be appreciated.
vibenvy

Re: New member with 2 vibes

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! There are many 2+ Vibe families here, mine included! We love pictures around here, so definitely post some when you get a chance ;)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe from another multiple Vibe family . Where you located? Looking forward to pics of your fleet ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
jwct7

Post by jwct7 »

Thanks for thew welcome guys....I also have a Pontiac..... Fiero.... my pride and joy. It's heavily customized and has a Northstar V8 installed. I will post pics once I get stuff organized. Oh, I am in San Antonio, Texas although I was born in the UK and immigrated here in 1994.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

jwct7 wrote:Thanks for thew welcome guys....I also have a Pontiac..... Fiero.... my pride and joy. It's heavily customized and has a Northstar V8 installed. I will post pics once I get stuff organized. Oh, I am in San Antonio, Texas although I was born in the UK and immigrated here in 1994.
Ooh... I definitely want to see pictures of the Fiero!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
trb

Post by trb »

Welcome to a fellow Texan! We did have two Vibes also, but I had to give up my Vibe GT for a new Mustang GT this summer. :( Maybe next time I'm in San Antonio we could meet up or something. My daughter is in med school there so we visit every couple of months. Love to see some pics of the Fiero too.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car