New member (was jeffnf)

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Jeff2

New member (was jeffnf)

Post by Jeff2 »

My old account here wouldn't let me log in (jeffnf), so I just created a new one (Jeff2). We have a 2004 Pontiac Vibe that we bought new. It's got about 130k miles on it right now. I've got to get the A/C fixed, which is why I thought I'd check back in on this forum. I'll be testing the A/C clutch on the thing, since I'm not sure it is engaging at all.

The only other real issue with the car is that it now seems to burn a little bit of oil. Something like 1/2 a quart every few thousand miles, which I don't think is that bad for a car this old. I need to get caught up on things like changing the plugs and the like, but the car still starts and runs just fine.
tpollauf

Re: New member (was jeffnf)

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome back Jeff. What part of the country are you from (update profile)! Glad to see you still have the Vibe and plan on keeping it for quite some time. Too bad your original account is lost forever :x
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
ImUrOBGYN

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

Welcome back. My 2zz has almost 150k and doesn't burn a drop. You running the 1zz?
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
Jeff2

Post by Jeff2 »

Cincinnati Ohio. Profile updated.

I'm hoping I can get another 100k miles out of the Vibe. Based on what I've heard and read, that shouldn't be a problem for a Toyota 4 cylinder engine.

I tend to keep my cars as long as I can to avoid having more than one car payment. I recently got rid of my 1991 Ford Crown Victoria with about 160k miles on it (100k miles were put on by me over 8 years) and replaced it with a 2013 Toyota Sienna minivan with about 30k miles on the odometer. I like the fact that Toyota still uses timing chains, since changing the timing belt on my daughter's 2005 VW New Beetle Convertible was a day long endeavor I would like to avoid, if possible.
Jeff2

Post by Jeff2 »

ImUrOBGYN wrote:Welcome back. My 2zz has almost 150k and doesn't burn a drop. You running the 1zz?
I don't have the car with me to check, but I do believe it has the 1.8 L 1ZZ-FE (LV6) I4 (gasoline) engine (that's the low output one, right?). Unfortunately, the car has seen a lot of idling and short trips over the years. My wife used to take the kids to the school bus stop on rainy or cold days. Repeatedly sitting there idling for 15 minutes at a time each day she did this couldn't have been good for the engine. But now that my youngest daughter is a sophomore in high school, it doesn't idle nearly as much anymore.

Once I get the A/C fixed, I can use it as my daily driver to work and back, which is about half city and half highway miles, which should enable me to get more miles out of the car.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome back to GenVibe Jeff! Post some pictures of your Vibe when you get a chance ;)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage