09 AWD 2.4L color??

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
awildteenager

09 AWD 2.4L color??

Post by awildteenager »

Hey guys, I bought an 09 AWD 2.4L vibe yesterday as an alternative to my lifted jeep Cherokee. It's got 104K miles on it and I paid $5,500 as is. Someone stole all but the driver seat head rests, and it's got some minor hail damage and a few scratches. I'm in NC, but it appears to be a salt belt vehicle judging by the surface rust in the engine compartment and on the bottom of the drivers door. I figured I should come to you guys for opinions on if I got a good deal or not, what maintenance (besides the standard fluids, brakes etc.) these things need, or any other pointers. Any advice is appreciated as I am a relatively new driver (18 years old) and this is the first real car I've driven (previously only driven lifted jeeps/trucks from my dads shop). It's a really cool pale greyish blue with a strong gold shift, would anyone have any idea what this color is called? It's the only one I saw for sale like it. I'll add pics tonight when I get off work! Sorry for the long post :mrgreen:
ehoff121

Re: 09 AWD 2.4L color??

Post by ehoff121 »

Welcome to genvibe!

Congrats on the purchase, but we'd probably need pictures to figure whether you got a decent deal.

My guess would be Machine Blue Metallic. The paint code should be in the glove box and you can reference this post to look it up: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=15802

Did the car come with maintenance records? This would determine a lot of what you'll need to do.

Since you're past the 100k mark, you'll want to be replacing pretty much all of the fluids (engine oil, transmission, transfer case, rear differential, coolant, power steering) and the spark plugs.

Clean the MAF, throttle body, PCV (though some would replace it), and IACV.

Items to check for potential replacement would include brake pads and rotors, struts, tires, wipers, air filter, cabin filter, and battery.

Beyond that, someone with an '09 AWD will need to chime in here.

There's a lot of great DIY info around here- Search... is your friend! :D
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD - Platinum
awildteenager

Post by awildteenager »

It`s apparently traverse blue metallic, and no it did not come with service records unfortunately.
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

I've also heard it called mystic blue metallic.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

This color?

If that's the color, Mystic Blue was the official name for the Vibe. It could have gone by other names too, GM often had one name for a color and various divisions could have their own name for said color. I don't recall that color ever being on anything but the Vibe though.

It's a cool color and was very rare, only available in 2009.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! It definitely sounds like your Vibe is Mystic Blue Metallic (the official Vibe name for this color). As others have already said, it's a pretty rare color and is absolutely beautiful in person! Pictures definitely don't do it justice, but we'd still love to see some pictures of it, so be sure to post some when you get a chance ;)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
trb

Post by trb »

Welcome and congrats on the new Vibe! Regarding the headrests, I know they are a different cloth, but a local guy in Houston had a complete set from a GT posted on the Facebook forum for best offer plus shipping. Might be something to consider if you can't find some from a local parts yard.

Good luck with it! The Vibe is a great car for a young driver, and something that should last you a long time if it is well taken care of.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car