FRONT PASSENGER AIR BAG 2010 GT

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Viburass

FRONT PASSENGER AIR BAG 2010 GT

Post by Viburass »

Passenger Air Bag needs a fix!!! That's the notice my GM dealer gave me 6 weeks ago..."Don't let anyone sit in the passenger seat until fixed!" That's what the bulletin says.....But.....STILL NO PARTS! No idea when...GMC dealer has to fix it, maybe, or maybe the Chevy guys....who knows? Obviously not GM!!! No loaner offered...I asked if they thought Takata
made good accelerants for the driver side but not the passenger side.....didn't know...."BULLETIN DIDN'T SAY!!!" :twisted:
jayoldschool

Re: FRONT PASSENGER AIR BAG 2010 GT

Post by jayoldschool »

Most of us waited over a year to get our 1st gen recalls done. Many were recalled two or three times. Lots haven't been done yet.
MacGyver

Post by MacGyver »

I didn't even know there was a passenger airbag recall for 2nd gen. What's the recall number in letter you got?

There is a clockspring recall for the driver's side, but that is not for the airbag itself.
2009 Vibe Base
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

My notice was sent to me in July when the second generation Vibe passenger airbag was included in the long list of cars. The GM Recall # is 15826