New Jet Black Vibe

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
JetBlack

New Jet Black Vibe

Post by JetBlack »

Hi Everyone,

I am Prady new owner of a 2009 Vibe Base 2.4l 5 Speed Auto, this community is one of the reasons I got the Vibe. I am based in Sacramento California.

About the first projects on the car I am looking to figure out a rubbing noise on the car that increases with speed, couldnt find any leaks on the suspension but did notice i had uneven wear on the rear tires, let me know if anyone has a clue on this I'd make a newer topic if I can't figure out.

Fixing up with lights and bulbs is gonna be the second. I do find some oddities with the interior lights like my shifter light does not come on occationally and climate control has some blown lights. I am plannig to go all LED save for the map lights and radio backlight. Moving on to the outside i am saving up to upgrade the DRL and stop lights to LED too but early estimates looks a bit expensive.

As like the other I have bad knobs on the radio and hope to fix it I wasn't able to the right guide for it so might make one about that too.

Finally, I am looking forward to upgrading the OnStar for LTE support no clue about this yet just a thought as of now.

Its been a pleasure would be really active on the forums. Nice to meet y'all!
Join the VibeTribe on Drive Tribe https://drivetribe.com/t/LGVEe7TeQceVCW ... rTPsS40_rQ
2009 Vibe 2.4l Premium Package w/ Roof Rails
vibenvy

Re: New Jet Black Vibe

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! We love pictures around here, so be sure and post some when you get a chance ;)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe. You got the best year too! Looking forward to pics of your new ride :D
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
chappy

Post by chappy »

JetBlack wrote:About the first projects on the car I am looking to figure out a rubbing noise on the car that increases with speed, couldnt find any leaks on the suspension but did notice i had uneven wear on the rear tires, let me know if anyone has a clue on this I'd make a newer topic if I can't figure out.
I dont have a rubbing noise. There's just noise/vibration that increases with speed. My mechanic thinks it's tire flat spots. So I'm suppose to drive it for like 1000km to see if it'll round it out. If not, new tires...ack...current ones have like 80% tread left...
Owell, at least a tire issue is better than a axel/transmission/engine issue.

Depending on your tire wear. I'd suggest changing tires to see if it'll fix the problem if you cant seem to diagnose it.
JetBlack

Post by JetBlack »

vibenvy wrote:Welcome to GenVibe! We love pictures around here, so be sure and post some when you get a chance ;)!
Will do, I was hoping to get the clear coat restored and the headlights cleaned initially. But I think this would make a pretty good before and after story.
chappy wrote: I dont have a rubbing noise. There's just noise/vibration that increases with speed. My mechanic thinks it's tire flat spots. So I'm suppose to drive it for like 1000km to see if it'll round it out. If not, new tires...ack...current ones have like 80% tread left...
Owell, at least a tire issue is better than a axel/transmission/engine issue.

Depending on your tire wear. I'd suggest changing tires to see if it'll fix the problem if you cant seem to diagnose it.
Yea waiting to get an all new set when some deal comes by.
Join the VibeTribe on Drive Tribe https://drivetribe.com/t/LGVEe7TeQceVCW ... rTPsS40_rQ
2009 Vibe 2.4l Premium Package w/ Roof Rails
MacGyver

Post by MacGyver »

Welcome to the Genvibe club!

I have a 2009 Base here in Canada and the dealer upgraded OnStar to 4G LTE for the previous owner, according to the maintenance records. So it is technically possible. And the WiFi does work even if the stock radio is replaced; I know because I'm using it on a free trial.

What I'm unsure about is how these upgrades are handled in the USA since the cell phone provider it runs on is different. Also you should know that in the Vibe, the OnStar upgrade eliminates the ability to see turn-by-turn directions on the radio display, none of the vehicle diagnostics work, there's no Bluetooth support, and the RemoteLink smartphone app is not supported. So there really isn't any value in it for me since I carry a smartphone, and my insurance company provides tow truck service should I ever require it. My new radio even reminds me if I leave somewhere without my phone, since it can't establish a Bluetooth connection.
2009 Vibe Base