Blower Motor issues?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
funkymonk89

Blower Motor issues?

Post by funkymonk89 »

Hi, first post, I have a 2008 vibe around 54K miles. Past couple of weeks my a/c has been cutting off intermittenly, and the other day it just cut off completely, nothing works, no fan at any speed. when i turn it on i can faintly feel cold air or hot hair, but it doesnt blow. The a/c light doesnt come on, but the recirculate light does. been looking through some post here. not the best mechanic, but trying to avoid taking it to the shop. i took the glove box off and got to the blower motor. haven't changed it yet, wanted to ask here before I take it off. the connector that plugs in to the blower motor has melted some. what should i look into first, motor or resistor? the fuse isn't blown. thanks
Chiadog

Re: Blower Motor issues?

Post by Chiadog »

First check all fuses carefully in both fuse blocks. Essentially the only way the fan will not run on ANY speed is to have a bad blower motor OR no power to the blower motor! Try turning on the key, and putting the fan setting to the highest position (this bypasses the resistor), then KICK the dash panel below the glovebox to try to JAR the motor into starting. I ran my 05's blower motor for a month or more with this procedure. YMMV.
Note that the AC LIGHT should NEVER come on without the blower motor running!