OG (Old Guy) Checking in...

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
BlueCrush

OG (Old Guy) Checking in...

Post by BlueCrush »

How many of you original owners are still alive and kickin'?

I just installed my 3rd Alternator in 12 years of ownership! :lol: My son has been driving it for the past 2 years. Very few issues overall even with all the mods I had installed and removed over the years. The Vibe has proven to be a pretty solid vehicle. A few minor things like wheel well liners wearing out, undercover clips falling out, gas door falling off, AWD has worked flawlessly every winter and still fun as heck to drive in the snow.

What have I been up to? In 2014, I got married, bought a house and upgraded to a 2014 Nissan Pathfinder SL: 7 passenger, AWD, 5000lb. towing, 28 mpg on a recent road trip to Milwaukee. Zero mods....So far, so good!

~Brian (BlueCrush)
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
joatmon

Re: OG (Old Guy) Checking in...

Post by joatmon »

Glad you remembered us, and that the Vibe has been so reliable. Congrats on the nuptials.
You still trying to take over the world? ;)
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Welcome back! Glad to see the Vibe is still around and doing well!

And congrats!
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Hory Shet!!! You're still kicking! 8-)
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

zzzzzz
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

joatmon wrote:Glad you remembered us, and that the Vibe has been so reliable. Congrats on the nuptials.
You still trying to take over the world? ;)
Thanks, Joat! Ha! No more world domination.
ColonelPanic wrote:Welcome back! Glad to see the Vibe is still around and doing well!

And congrats!
Thanks, Colonel!
star_deceiver wrote:Hory Shet!!! You're still kicking! 8-)
I'm alive...but I'm not kicking as much as I used to!
thebarber wrote:zzzzzz
I'm out of hibernation. :ugeek:
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

Man, I thought I saw your Vibe go down with the I-35W bridge in Minneapolis. :o That's why I thought you disappeared. OEM (original energetic member) still here as well. You're not speaking to us from the grave are you? :twisted:
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

:o Brian! Great to hear from you and that you're doing well! Congrats on the marriage! Also, of course, great to hear the Vibe is still doing great too!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Caretaker wrote:Man, I thought I saw your Vibe go down with the I-35W bridge in Minneapolis. :o That's why I thought you disappeared. OEM (original energetic member) still here as well. You're not speaking to us from the grave are you? :twisted:
No, luckily I was not on that bridge at the time. No ghostly messages here. :shock:
vibenvy wrote::o Brian! Great to hear from you and that you're doing well! Congrats on the marriage! Also, of course, great to hear the Vibe is still doing great too!
Thanks! We're actually getting the Takata airbag replaced on Monday that is under recall.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
tnpartsguy

Post by tnpartsguy »

Another OG checking in (I needed remote programming instructions). I helped a friend of mine buy a 2004 Vibe. It's a base car, pretty rough, but runs and drives, has cold AC, and it was $500. I really miss my Vibe's, and if I could find one for me, I'd probably get it. I'm currently driving a 2015 Pontiac Torrent.....(sighs....fine...It's a GMC Terrain. 2nd one I've had, not a bad vehicle at all, but it's not as fuel economical as the VIbe's were (both Vibe's I had were AWD).

Glad to see some of the originals still around.

Quick question, is anyone here a Mason, Eastern Star, or any other appendant body?
Current Ride 2015 GMC Terrain SLT
2nd Vibe 2006 Vibe AWD Stealth Monotone "Recon" December 2005 MOTM
Original Vibe: 2003 AWD Abyss Monotone "Darth"
GM/ASE Certified Parts Manager.
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

yup, some of us '03-ers are still here; constantly fending off ones distracted by shiny objects. I did live in the shadow of George Washington's Masonic Temple. Does that count? Creepy place actually, but yet one more unusual place most will never see. I'm proud to say that I've been inside many, many times and have even sledded down its hills in the winter time.
Since you are listed as a Certified GM Parts Manager, can you enlighten us on whether there is a REDESIGNED intermediate steering shaft for the Vibe and Matrix? The rattle is cause for concern for some, although I'm of the mindset that it is simply something to live with and cannot become a danger given where the part is placed in the steering column.
tnpartsguy

Post by tnpartsguy »

Caretaker wrote:yup, some of us '03-ers are still here; constantly fending off ones distracted by shiny objects. I did live in the shadow of George Washington's Masonic Temple. Does that count? Creepy place actually, but yet one more unusual place most will never see. I'm proud to say that I've been inside many, many times and have even sledded down its hills in the winter time.
Since you are listed as a Certified GM Parts Manager, can you enlighten us on whether there is a REDESIGNED intermediate steering shaft for the Vibe and Matrix? The rattle is cause for concern for some, although I'm of the mindset that it is simply something to live with and cannot become a danger given where the part is placed in the steering column.
There is not a redesigned shaft. Pack the shaft with marine grade grease (waterproof).
Current Ride 2015 GMC Terrain SLT
2nd Vibe 2006 Vibe AWD Stealth Monotone "Recon" December 2005 MOTM
Original Vibe: 2003 AWD Abyss Monotone "Darth"
GM/ASE Certified Parts Manager.
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Bluecrush was one of the few that boosted an AWD Vibe/Trix. Remember those days??
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop