Thinking of buying newer vibe

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
PEDALS

Thinking of buying newer vibe

Post by PEDALS »

My 2004 vibe has been having some serious problems lately that I'm not at this point willing to invest thousands in to fix. I'm look at getting either a '09 or 10 vibr as I love the car but i'm just wondering if many of the parts would be interchangable between my 04 and the newer ones to see if its worth keeping around and getting rid of
MacGyver

Re: Thinking of buying newer vibe

Post by MacGyver »

Owning a 1st gen Matrix base and now a 2nd gen base Vibe, the only parts that I've noticed to be identical are the dome light, the radio antenna on the roof, and the horn.
2009 Vibe Base
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

Having owned the '03 and '09, I'll try to recall what is interchangeable:

Plastic wheel covers
16'' steel wheels and tires

OK, I'm stumped. It is possible that the steering wheel, center console and seats could be as well but that is a wild assumption on my part since I didn't strip out my 03 for parts before selling it. Now if you want to know why the second gen is better than the first gen, I can easily fill the pages with that.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

The 1st and 2nd gens are completely different. The 2nd gen (09-10) 1.8L Vibes share their bolt pattern with 1st gens, so you could swap wheels. Other than that, I can't really think of anything else major that could be directly swapped with ease.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
jake75

Post by jake75 »

I have an '09 that I bought in Jan 2009 new for a bargain price (about 35% off MSRP) after rebates, dealer discount, GM dealer incentive, and GM Card earnings. Cost me about $3,500 over what I got for my 2003 Vibe in a private sale. If you can find a 2009-10 Vibe with reasonable miles for a decent price go for it. But time marches on and IMO there are many better options. [I would have never paid anywhere near the $19,480 sticker price on that 2009 Vibe - there were better options even then).
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."