Gotta love the U-Pull-It yard

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
GOF

Gotta love the U-Pull-It yard

Post by GOF »

Two Vibes in the local U-Pull-It junk yard. Got me a front fender flair and roof rack cross bars for $13.32
Chiadog

Re: Gotta love the U-Pull-It yard

Post by Chiadog »

My favorite place! Scored a rear (steel) Gen1 bumper for $29 today and 2 flawless wheel-covers for $18. :D
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I miss going to the junkyard :(. I used to go all the time when I had my Sunfires because Cavaliers and Sunfires were always plentiful, but it's not the same with Vibes.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

All the Vibes around me are still on the road. :x It's currently a 50 mile drive one way to find a wrecker that has one.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
GOF

Post by GOF »

Not often that I see a vibe or matrix in this yard. But there are two now. One with some significant front end damage.
Just chased down a blower motor issue on ours. Seems the connector at the motor is burnt.
Time for another run to the bone yard! I'll replace the blower motor as well as the connector.
GOF

Post by GOF »

Today's trip was for a blower motor and the connector for it. Wife said the A/C wasn't working. Turns out it was. But the blower wasn't. Not sure why, but the connector was burnt. Going with the theory that the motor must be drawing to much power. Parts $15.