2005 rally coilovers

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Knoxknight

2005 rally coilovers

Post by Knoxknight »

Hi I have a 2005 Pontiac vibe that's pretty much stock except for the 12 dollar spark plugs I'm looking to turn it into a street legal (for now) rally car and I'm looking for coilovers for the suspension but I can't find anything but lowering kits does anyone know of some or have a rally vibe with good suspension of another form?
treesleavedents

Re: 2005 rally coilovers

Post by treesleavedents »

If you poke around using the search function. There is a full on rally car on here. Dude installed a cage and everything. Rallys the car in michigan I think. I don't remember if he did any suspension work though as I think he's running in a stock class. Check it out though.
2003 Vibe GT. PPE exhaust. Injen CAI. Mfactory LSD. Eibach springs. Corbeau GTS2 seats. Custom stereo, lighting, sound deadening, and upholstery. http://forums.genvibe.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 30&t=44330
Knoxknight

Post by Knoxknight »

Thanks I just read it he says he wanted to stiffen the suspension but lower the car a inch I'm looking to put the car higher on bigger suspension not lower it
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

You'd have to get something custom done, as there are no lift kits for the vibe. You don't really need to lift it to rally, anyway. I think you mean you look to do offroading or something?
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
Knoxknight

Post by Knoxknight »

Well sure if off roading is what you mean by 60 down a dirt road without having to worry about potholes and ruts from trucks and do you know of any places that will do something like that?