New Member with Questions

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
tzuleger

New Member with Questions

Post by tzuleger »

Hey everyone :D

Just purchased a Stealth 2007 Vibe with 111K (will post picture when I get home from work) and I had a few questions regarding some modifications that I plan on doing in the near future. I'm sure there are already threads for a few of these topics so if you could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated! First of all, I have to get rid of the ugly steel wheels. I don't have much money left after purchasing this car (still in college), so what wheels would you recommend that look good and are reasonably priced? I don't want anything flashy, just something that will improve the overall look. Secondly, I noticed there is an aux button on the stock radio, although there is no auxiliary port. Why is this, and is there anyway that I can connect an auxiliary cable? I don't have much experience with wiring, so it would have to be fairly simple for me to look into it. Lastly, I'm thinking painting the roof rack black and I was wondering how difficult it is to remove/reinstall it. Thanks in advance for the help! I think I'll be spending a lot of time on this forum in the coming months...

EDIT: Took a couple quick pictures while the sun was shining today. I also noticed that I was missing the bottom grill on the driver's side after taking these pictures. :lol: I'll have to get one ordered.
small1.jpg
small1.jpg (120.24 KiB) Viewed 1195 times
small2.jpg
small2.jpg (114.8 KiB) Viewed 1195 times
Last edited by tzuleger on Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Travis
Iron Mountain, MI
2007 Stealth Pontiac Vibe
vibrologist

Re: New Member with Questions

Post by vibrologist »

Welcome to the forum, Travis!
With the wheels I suggest you keep a CL search going in For Sale-Auto Parts-Wheels and Tires under the term "5x 100". The smallest diameter possible is 15" and the largest sensible diameter is 17".
Here is a Wheel Cross Reference site: http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-rods ... z44FWsFDY0

Watch for the center bore and offset.

I don't have experience with removing the headliner or rewiring the radio.

I can't wait to see the pictures. Start a thread in the GenVibe Garage to chronicle your progress.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe Travis ;) From a neighbor just to your south! The Vibe is the perfect car for any young student (high school or college) and will yield you years of trouble free service! My son drives one (the Blue 09GT) and he is a senior in college and has owned his Vibe for five years already (where does the time go!) Mine is the 09Red Gt, then there's the wife who had to outdo both of us with her G8GT :o Post pics when you get a chance and welcome :D
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
trb

Post by trb »

Welcome and congrats on your Vibe! Agree that you should look on craigslist, and most Scion tC, Matrix and Corolla wheels will fit and look nice. The alloy Vibe wheels are 7" wide in 16" and 17" models. I've looked on www.car-part.com for wheels too and found a set for a local guy on there. When he went to see them, they had curb rash so he bargained them down to like $35-40 each. Using a sander and sand paper he was able to clean up the curb rash so they look much better. He got the same wheels that I have on my 03 GT. If you found some that are kind of worn, you can always spray paint them or plastidip them.

Good luck!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! I am anxiously awaiting your pictures as Stealth is one of my favorite 1st gen colors!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Welcome, and congrats!

The AUX button is for functionality that the Vibe never had. There is a way to hardwire an auxiliary jack into the factory radio here.

Another options is wiring in an FM modulator for the auxiliary input - these work much better than the usual transmitters but doesn't have the sound quality as a true auxiliary connection. We had one in ours for years until I finally upgraded the radio to something with modern conveniences.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
tzuleger

Post by tzuleger »

Well, haven't gotten around to taking a picture yet. Been having poor weather all week :(

Anyway, thanks for all the responses! I think I am going to get a set of Enkei EDR9's in a black finish. They look great in my opinion and are not too pricey. I will have to start thread in the GenVibe Garage before I get them installed.
Travis
Iron Mountain, MI
2007 Stealth Pontiac Vibe
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

tzuleger wrote:Lastly, I'm thinking painting the roof rack black and I was wondering how difficult it is to remove/reinstall it.
Check out viewtopic.php?t=9134 for how to remove the roof rack.