Stuck in snow and can't get out

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Bigfoot

Stuck in snow and can't get out

Post by Bigfoot »

Hi I'm new to this and yesterday I was drifting my 2005 Vibe with AWD. I drifted badly and ended up in a snow bank. Only the rear was showing underneath the car. I grabbed my tow rope and got a friend with his truck but there was no place to attach the rope. Where is a safe spot to attach the rope without damaging the car? Thanks.
vibrologist

Re: Stuck in snow and can't get out

Post by vibrologist »

Welcome to GenVibe! What an entry! :lol:

Please post some pictures.

a quick search revealed that there is no tow hook in the rear. The safest would be to mount a trailer hitch and pull it out on that. I think I would use the mounting points for a hitch and bolt in a temporary tow hook.

Here is a video on how to mount a hitch. It's on a FWD unit but it should give you the idea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaFas5AiEJg

good luck!
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
Mark

Re: Stuck in snow and can't get out

Post by Mark »

Look on the inside of the rear wheel, and you''ll see a 2-3" round tube with a hole to the inside that's just big enough to get the hook of a tow strap in. My daughter has got her 04 stuck twice now where I could only get to the rear and that has worked for me both times.
'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite