New Member with lots of questions.

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
searcher

New Member with lots of questions.

Post by searcher »

First of all I am very pleased to found this Forum. I have to tell you all that I had never knew anything about the Vibe or Matrix period. You see I've been out of the market for many years driving a Mitsubishi Galant 1994, but it was totaled a month ago. Anyways, to make it short. I stopped by a Hyundai dealer looking for used cars. The Sales Mgr. was the one that suggested to check out the Pontiac Vibe.

Once he said "Pontiac", I shrugged and laughed at him. But later I checked online and I was very surprised of my discovery, hence I'm here now.
So I have lots of questions and hopefully I could get some suggestions.

I am more inclined to buy a 1st Gen Vibe but can't decide which one.

I don't drive regularly but do line to go on road trips from time to time, and be able to do some car camping, and that's why the Vibe caught my attention. I could lay my sleeping bag or an inflatable mattress.
I need automatic trans (Base model) would be fine.
Sunroof
ABS not a must have, but it would be nice
No AWD
And lastly Curtain Airbags.
So which year from the 1st gen would be the one that I could find all of my requirements.
05, 07,08 or ?
My other concern is about the need to use Hi Octane gas. Is there a specific year that doesn't require that. And the other thing are "Blind Spots"
Oh another thing. I don't have parking where I live so it will be parked overnight on the streets. Is the Vibe a targeted by car thieves?

Thanks in advance and hopefully I will get some suggestions
runningslow

Re: New Member with lots of questions.

Post by runningslow »

First, semi-interesting coincidence, I bought my Vibe from a Hyundai dealer.

Now, to try and answer your questions... the quick answer is any 1st Gen Base (03-08) has the potential to have what you want. The bells and whistles you're looking for were all options, so you'll have to check them out on a car by car basis.

All 1st gen automatics are Base models with the 1ZZFE: no need to use hi octane. Regular is perfect. Only the 1st gen GT models (2ZZGE) require premium. Also for the record, there are no 2nd gen models that need premium.

AWD drive Vibes aren't that common, but were available in all years. They were only automatics and from the exterior they look the same, except for a small AWD badge on the hatch.

Someone will surely correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe any model Vibes have side curtain airbags. There are some models with side airbags in the seats, although I don't know what years that was available. Although that would have been an option and not standard equipment.

Sunroof (Actually moonroof) was available with the Moon & Tunes package, which I also believe was available in all 1st gen models.

This thread also has lots of other information you might want to review as well: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40003
Josh
2005 Vibe GT ~ Platinum
2006 Vibe ~ Lava, Base, Auto
2005 Corolla S ~ Silver Streak Mica, Manual (Wife's)
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
sideshowalan

Post by sideshowalan »

No curtain airbags on 1st gen vibes, only optional airbag is the torso airbag in the front seats.

Main line drawn between 1st gen models is 03/04 and 05+ models. 03/04 have cable throttle and 05+ have drive-by-wire throttle and different front bumper styles (more of a flush grill).

Best way to make any car less of a target is to put everything inside out of sight and lock your doors. Never leave a purse/backpack/grocery bag/wallet/removable stereo faceplate in sight, if someone looks in your windows there should be nothing that catches their eye. Most break-ins are crimes of opportunity, someone just checking if a car is unlocked....so lock the doors everytime.
2008 Pontiac Vibe
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
(Former 2003 5-speed Vibe owner)
BenWA

Post by BenWA »

searcher wrote: I don't drive regularly but do line to go on road trips from time to time, and be able to do some car camping, and that's why the Vibe caught my attention. I could lay my sleeping bag or an inflatable mattress.
That sounds very much like myself. I flew from Seattle to Dallas-Fort Worth to buy my 03 Vibe then drove it back to Tacoma, WA. I parked overnight at truck stops, using on a layer of two camping pads (a cheap one and a better one) with a sleeping bag and an old regular pillow. The way the front passenger seat folds over, I used it for the "head" end of the bed. At first I used it for the foot end, but I disliked that after 2 nights (out of the 9 or so total nights) since it elevated my feet and I found it uncomfortable.

Unless you are very short or if you don't mind being scrunched up, you will have to do the same. I want/need to stretch out when i sleep so that's how I dealt with it.

Mine is an 03 Base 2WD with cruise added on, as well as power windows/locks, key-less entry (I got 2 OEM remotes), ABS.
searcher wrote: I need automatic trans (Base model) would be fine.
Sunroof
ABS not a must have, but it would be nice
No AWD
And lastly Curtain Airbags.
So which year from the 1st gen would be the one that I could find all of my requirements.
05, 07,08 or ?
My other concern is about the need to use Hi Octane gas. Is there a specific year that doesn't require that. And the other thing are "Blind Spots"
Oh another thing. I don't have parking where I live so it will be parked overnight on the streets. Is the Vibe a targeted by car thieves?
I noticed you have one thing missing from your list: cruise control. I highly recommend getting a car with cruise if you intend to take very long trips. That was pretty much my only requirement when I was shopping for a Vibe/Matrix. Even if you think you won't use it, get it anyway. You will want it if you ever cross the states west of the Mississippi river.

You should do without sunroof unless it just happens to be there on something you want otherwise. It's just one more then to have go wrong and potentially leak. In your brain you may want it, but in reality it's trivial. I thought "I want every option possible!" but in reality, a sunroof is silly and pointless unless you are the passenger... and even THEN. Keep in mind this isn't a new car. The seals are between 7 and 13 years old depending on the year you buy. Although even new cars sometimes leave leaky sunroofs. The last thing you want is to be on a long trip and find your sunroof leaking.

The car I got fit my main want, cruise; plus had power windows/locks and appeared to me mechanically sound (and it is), so I don't regret buying one without a sunroof. Based upon reading the horrors of leaky sunroofs, I never want one. They are too much trouble with no real advantage.
2003 Vibe Base A/T
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! You've certainly come to the right place to do your research! I don't really have anything to add since I'm a 2nd gen (2009-2010) owner, but I did want to add that I agree 100% with sideshowalan about keeping everything in your vehicle out of sight and always locking the doors / hatch. IMO, these are the most important things you can do to avoid a break in.

Keep us posted on your search and (hopefully) subsequent purchase ;).
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
searcher

Post by searcher »

Hi y'all....
Just like I had anticipated I received great suggestions from this Forum.
Well, I didn't list C Control because I seldom use it. I have to be hones I don't trust them. As far as the Side Air Bags, yes, I found that out when I drove tested a 2009, which it showed the tags on the side of the seats.

I am very careful what to leave in my car, but since I'm going to be parked on the streets I was wondering if Vibe/Matrix would be a target car by thieves. I know that the Mazda3 is on their radar, but I'm not interested on this car.

Now you got me reconsidering getting a moon roof. I had one and it quit and never fixed it. You still didn't make a direct suggestion as to the best year (1st gen) to get based on my needs. I don't think that I would like to go as far back as 03, since I don't care for the red lights on the dashboard. Yes, I'm aware that they could be swapped but not that mechanical inclined
Yesterday, I dxrove tested a couple:
1- 08 - Matrix - XR Side Air bags, sunroof, upgraded sound system. However, the Carfarx didn't show any accident, but I noticed on the rt side of the hood a tiny upward warp. I pointed it to the dealer they made all kinds of excuses. It was first a rental/private listed $8,888.00
I noticed the blindspot area was not as noticeable as on the Vibe. Is that a wrong assumption? Nevertheless, I skipped this car
2- 07 Vibe Base - 94k miles. Auto trans, no moonroof, very clean $8,215.
These two dealers willing to let me take the car to my own mechanic.
3-05 Vibe - 230k miles. Enticing sale price $ 2,978. I called but nope I'd have to buy then take it my mechanic. I ran for the hills. No wonder too good to be true. It has been listed over a month.
4- I called another dealer and they told me "We don't like other mechanic to poke into our cars", but I can recommend you a local mechanic (they were 3 hours away. Sure probably his brother-in-law.
After driving a couple of cars and drove on freeway. I didn't notice any loud noise as other have mentioned.

I'm going to keep on looking, but I think I'll take out moon roof from my list. As far as ABS, if I could get it fine.
BTW Is true that the Matrix will drive the insurance premium a lot higher than the Vibe
BenWA

Post by BenWA »

$3000 for one with 230k is a ripoff, nevermind the fact they wouldn't let it get inspected. Shop around!

I got my 03 for $3600 with about 143k miles from a private party. I didn't have a mechanic look at it, but I have a good idea about how to visually inspect a used car. I had to fly 2/3 across the country, look at and buy it, then drive it back, but it was a good price even with the added trip expenses. I had the free time to do it, plus I visited friends and family nearby to where I bought it in Texas, as well as on the drive back through California so it was worth the extra several hundred dollars.

On Craigslist you can create email notifications of new ads. "Save" the search(es) you do, then enable email notifications.

With a dealer, expect to pay anywhere from 1.5x to 2x as much as you would from a private party. So a $4,000 car from a private seller would probably end up being $6,00-$8,000 from a dealer. $4,000 would pay for a lot of repairs later on if they spring up. They could come up just as easily on a 10 year old $8,000 car as they could on a 10 year old $4,000 car, if they are in equal condition. You get no warranty from a dealer so unless you are doing a trade-in, I'd avoid a dealer unless you REALLY want a mechanic you trust to look at the car and even then, if they are a friend, have them come look at the car with you and pay them for doing so.

Not trusting cruise control but trusting a completely computerized throttle (05+) is kind of silly, in my opinion. You'd want an 03-04 with a cable driven mechanical throttle instead, in that case.

Mine came with the rear cargo cover for use behind the rear seats (when they are upright) to help detour theft of items left in there. However, the best insurance against loss and theft is... *gasp* INSURANCE! :lol:

I carry full coverage with Progressive for $87/mo (with the $1 auto-pay fee) for the following:
Liability: Medical $50k each person/$100k each accident, Property $50k each accident (aka: 50/100/50)
Personal Injury Protection: $10k
Underinsured Motorist (medical): $50k each person/$100k each accident
Underinsured Motorist (property): $50k each accident ($100 deductible for a standard wreck, $300 for hit & run)
Comprehensive: $100 deductible
Collision: $250 deductible
Roadside Assistance

Considering I was paying $55/mo for 50/100/50 with underinsured, $100 comprehensive, roadside but no collision or personal injury protection on a 93 Geo Metro with Geico, $87/mo isn't too bad in my opinion.
2003 Vibe Base A/T
trb

Post by trb »

Welcome! Good idea to do some research before buying your next car. You will get a lot of good answers here as you have seen, so ask away with any questions. The one thing I can add is if you do get an 05+ model base and decide you want to add cruise control, all you need is the switch and that will give you cruise since the throttle is electronic. Everything is there already, just missing the switch.

Good luck on your search!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

Automatic is in all AWD Vibes, and the majority of the base Vibes. GT's are a 6 speed tranny (lots of fun!) As others said, only the GT's require premium.

Sunroofs are hit and miss. Mine leaks a bit in the '03 GT but is just fine in the '07. I personally enjoy the sunroof, but I do know how much of a pain they are to repair/replace. I had to do it on my '96 Volvo 850.

Side and curtain airbags appear to have been optional on 04-08 Vibes based on the information shown at:
http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Shopper ... e+Air+Bags

You'll probably have a difficult time finding this option as I haven't seen/heard of many Vibes that were equipped with this. My dad did find one near us that is, and we believe it was a company's fleet vehicle as it is plain- white, no sunroof/fogs/tunes package, steelies, yet is equipped with all airbags possible lol.

Anything between '04-'08 would probably fit your needs base on the information you've given, since you're staying away from the red dash in the '03's.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
Mark

Post by Mark »

I have an 04 that I bought in 2006 with 38k, it's at 160k now. It came with the "Moon and Tunes" package and alloy wheels. When I went looking for a second Vibe I specifically looked at 2008 models because I wanted to stick with the 1st Gen but wanted as new as possible. So I bought Stealth in 2013 with around 75k on the clock.

The 04 does not have ABS or side air bags, and the 08 has both. (Pretty sure it does, almost positive really. But I'd have to go look and it's cold out.) I can look tomorrow if I think of it, though. But I wanted to stay with the 1ZZ-FE motor, bigger hatch and separate hatch glass.
'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite
Mark

Post by Mark »

The plastic trim on the A pillars of the 08 are stamped "SRS Curtain", but there is nothing along the top of the door. Oh well, better than nothing.
searcher

Post by searcher »

This is very strange. I posted my replied to the nice responses I got from you all, but now I don't see any trace of my posting. Granted, I had not login for a week or so. I'm sorry if I gave you all the impression that I didn't appreciate your input.

So here we go again.
Ben,
Yes, I agree with you, and that's why I walked away from that dealer. I wish I could be as experienced as your are to buy a used car. I wouldn't try to go across the country to get a car and then drive back. As a matter of fact, I have been so tempted every time I see a car listed from BC, Canada. They look better, and better prices. But I don't think I'd attempt to go thru all the paperwork, TSA blah.

I appreciate your suggest to "Save" my search on CL. I already did it, but as I told you its a Russian Roulette because I don't know if the seller would have the car by the time I get there.

You are absolutely right, Dealers mark up their used cars way too much. I have contacted other dealers now and they are more open to take the car to a mechanic, but it would be my last resort, since I'd rather buy it from a private.

I have researched for some local mechanics for an inspection. Boy they charge a wide range for an inspection.
Can you please explain in English "computerized throttle" vs cable driven mechanical throttle". I'm leaning more toward getting a Vibe 07, closer to 08 and not paying too much for insurance.
I will be happy getting a Base with FWD, and ABS again not a must have either.

I now have reconsider looking for a car with Moonroof. If it comes with fine, but not a "must have". I know my sunroof on my last car broke and to fix it, it was too much $$$, so I never got around it.
The same about "side air bags", not going to have on my "must have list".

However, guys I'm kind a sitting on the fence here Toyota vs Pontiac? I read on Consumer report
Vige 1st gen 05-08, best 07/04 and Toyota same years.
Mark,
Yes, I saw a tag on the side of the front seats when the car has side air bags.
Mark

Post by Mark »

I started out looking for a used Matrix, but during my research I discovered the Matrix's sister car, the Pontiac Vibe. Then I found that for a two year old car I was going to pay about a $1-2k premium for the Matrix over the Vibe, simply because it said "Toyota" on the badge instead of Pontiac. So I went with a decent 2 y/o Vibe instead. If I had been buying new I most likely would have went with the Matrix.
BenWA

Post by BenWA »

Mark wrote:I started out looking for a used Matrix, but during my research I discovered the Matrix's sister car, the Pontiac Vibe. Then I found that for a two year old car I was going to pay about a $1-2k premium for the Matrix over the Vibe, simply because it said "Toyota" on the badge instead of Pontiac. So I went with a decent 2 y/o Vibe instead. If I had been buying new I most likely would have went with the Matrix.
I dislike the grill of the Vibe but I like the factory roof rack. Functionality wins over looks for me, so I got a Vibe. Thankfully it's all one color, not a two-tone where the lower plastic bits are grey. That makes it look cheap and toy-like. It screams "Look at all the plastic on this car!!!!!". It also shows the seams a lot worse between the panels, between at the bumper.

If the one I have had been two-tone, I would have still bought it, but I wouldn't have liked it as well. It would be even uglier than it already is with the Pontiac flared nostrils.

NHTSA/marketing photo:

2003 Vibe Base A/T
searcher

Post by searcher »

Ben I tend to agree with you as well. The grill on the Vibe is not too attractive kinda boring, but as Mark said you never know what you might end up with. However, to be honest I don't see any big difference in prices. I see Vibes as high as Matrix these days.

In your opinion do you think that a Vibe 07 Basis would be the best choice in the 1st gen. As far as Matrix I think 06. Here's my dilemma it seems that trying to buy a car from CL or a private its a Russian Roulette because timing is the essence. I also found that that CL sellers are not that eager to sell they don't respond to text or emails.

The moulding that this Vibe has is exactly what I would like to find. Is this an option or which year it became available?
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

No particular year is better than others. You can check out the Everything You Need To Know thread in my signature to check out the changes throughout the years, but they all function pretty much the same. Craigslist is hit or miss, and sometimes you'll find someone easy to work with, and sometimes you wont. You never know.

The two-tone cladding was on all years and all trim levels. The monotone appearance package painted the cladding body color.
BenWA

Post by BenWA »

searcher wrote:In your opinion do you think that a Vibe 07 Basis would be the best choice in the 1st gen. As far as Matrix I think 06. Here's my dilemma it seems that trying to buy a car from CL or a private its a Russian Roulette because timing is the essence. I also found that that CL sellers are not that eager to sell they don't respond to text or emails.
It depends on what you want to spend. I found a seller around Dallas/Ft Worth TX who was willing to hold it for me a couple of days until I could fly out there and look at it. I had alternate plans in case I didn't buy it, but it looked like a great deal and around the max I could pay at that moment ($3600). I took a gamble and it paid off. Although really it was more like an educated guess.

The inside of the oil cap was clean, little to no signs of leakage on the bottom sides of the transmission/engine (what leakage it had was an oil leak at the timing chain tensioner, now fixed), very clean interior, only very mild brake squeak. No smoke. All fluids looked clean. Engine runs smooth. Buying used from a dealer is an equal gamble, if not more of one, since they have professional mechanics on duty to try to patch up used cars before they sell them.

But yes, most sellers either had sold what they had or never responded. I was in a fairly big hurry to get something. So much so I was emailing people in many metro areas with international airports where flights are cheap from Seattle International airport, such as Sacramento, Dallas/Ft Worth, Houston, LA, San Francisco and Phoenix. Finally I found a good seller and that's who I bought from. Honestly, I think he was the first and only person who even responded who still had the car for sale.

This is my 03 with the bottom plastics matched to the body.
2003 Vibe Base A/T
searcher

Post by searcher »

Hi

Sorry that it took me a while to get back to this forum. Ben you never answered me about 07. Do you think that would be a good choice from the 1st Gen? I'd rather not go beyond 08 since, unless I find a good deal.

Wow I appreciate being so motivated to contact sellers from the airport ready to fly.I have to be honest, I'm leaning more toward getting my car from a dealer. I know, I know they usually mark it up $2,500+, but at least they would allow me to take the car to a mechanic (I found some that are willing to do so). And the fact, it would less of a gamble to find the listed car on the lot.

But here's the other thing. I don't feel comfortable going alone to see a car listed by CL, even meeting at a public place. Who's to say that while test driving I could be jumped by the "so-called seller". At the moment I don't have wheels, so I'd need to rent a car and that would take time. As you know buying a car from CL (private) its very fluid.

Another thing I noticed that there's minimal difference between Matrix/Vibe in the Seat area.

The bottom plastic in your car is nice, but my preference would be the black color, that 's just me. Man I'm tired being w/o a car.
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

searcher wrote:The bottom plastic in your car is nice, but my preference would be the black color, that 's just me. Man I'm tired being w/o a car.
That plastic is actually gray and fades horrible. A few cans of spray paint and you can make it black! :D

Anyhow, even an '08 is the same body style/generation as the '03-'07 so it would be the same thing.

CL ads are hit and miss. If it seems fishy, it probably is. I bought my '03 GT off of a seller on CL four hours away. Seemed like an honest guy talking to him on the phone. Wasn't hesitant to send pictures or answer questions, nor give his address when I wanted to look at it. Of course, as most people do, you search the address to see if name matches, where it is, etc.

I bought my '07 from a dealer about two years ago. Of course, a bit more than I wanted to pay, but was a one owner and the car was in immaculate shape with about 85k on it so I felt it was worth it.

I feel it all depends on the Vibe the seller gives you. :lol:
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
BenWA

Post by BenWA »

searcher wrote:Sorry that it took me a while to get back to this forum. Ben you never answered me about 07. Do you think that would be a good choice from the 1st Gen? I'd rather not go beyond 08 since, unless I find a good deal.
I don't know anything about 07s. I Know my 03 and that's it.
2003 Vibe Base A/T
searcher

Post by searcher »

I am looking at a Matrix 06 XR 193K miles auto ABS AWD no sunroof in 6,900 from a dealer. Not too sure too many miles
BenWA

Post by BenWA »

searcher wrote:I am looking at a Matrix 06 XR 193K miles auto ABS AWD no sunroof in 6,900 from a dealer. Not too sure too many miles
No way. You could almost buy two older ones for that price from private parties with less miles on them.

AWD means more to go wrong on them and much costlier repairs. AWD isn't all that much safer, per say. Often, people drive more recklessly because they have AWD, thinking it'll compensate for bad driving. It doesn't.

Unless you will be driving off road or in snow a lot (which means you need two sets of snow chains, not one!) then I'd stick with FWD. You'll also get better MPG with a FWD.
2003 Vibe Base A/T
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Searcher: where is home for you?
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

vibrologist wrote:Searcher: where is home for you?
2x ..... Location ???
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
searcher

Post by searcher »

I'm in N. Seattle and you?
Amazing I'm down to 8 CL sellers and not a single "Thank U" or worse. I'm getting to the point that these CL's listings are fake to lure people then steal their $, cell or worse.
searcher

Post by searcher »

zbyers wrote: "I bought my '07 from a dealer about two years ago. Of course, a bit more than I wanted to pay, but was a one owner and the car was in immaculate shape with about 85k on it so I felt it was worth it."

Based on what I'm going thru now, I'm not judging you for buying your car from a dealer at a higher price. I'll be you didn't deal with the waste of time from these CL pseudo sellers.

I contacted one that had a 2004 listed for $2,500. And it said running great only needs the driver's mirror replaced. I called, he answered the phone the minute I told I was calling about the car a strong "hang-up, duh.
searcher

Post by searcher »

BenWA wrote: "No way. You could almost buy two older ones for that price from private parties with less miles on them.

AWD means more to go wrong on them and much costlier repairs. AWD isn't all that much safer, per say. Often, people drive more recklessly because they have AWD, thinking it'll compensate for bad driving. It doesn't."

You must have the Midas touch cuz I haven'd had any luck period. Its a trade off, paying higher price but at least you can actually see/test drive it and not being worried being robbed.

"Unless you will be driving off road or in snow a lot (which means you need two sets of snow chains, not one!) then I'd stick with FWD. You'll also get better MPG with a FWD."

Yes, I agree with you AWD is off my "wish list", but would like to get Cruise Control as you mentioned earlier. One more thing is Moonroof, even tho it would have more electrical components to break down. And another thing if I could find "side air bars".
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

'm in N. Seattle and you?
Amazing I'm down to 8 CL sellers and not a single "Thank U" or worse. I'm getting to the point that these CL's listings are fake to lure people then steal their $, cell or worse.

I am in Ames, IA.
Some spam filters are too eager and will place replies by CL into the junk file.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
searcher

Post by searcher »

How about when I leave vm
BenWA

Post by BenWA »

searcher wrote:I'm in N. Seattle and you?
I'm in Tacoma. :P
2003 Vibe Base A/T
dmottv

Post by dmottv »

Searcher, do you use search tempest? It allows a search radius of CL ad's:
http://www.searchtempest.com

I've found all three of my vibes on CL, and I've bought and sold a couple of bikes, but it took some time. Send an email, leave a vm, follow up. Move on if you don't get response, or the response has untenable conditions. I've met some good people, walked away from some not so good. You're looking for the right seller, they're looking for the right buyer. Sometimes there are several available, other times there are none, go figure! Good luck!
'09 AWD 2.4 "Mystique"
'O5 AWD "Grey Fox"
'05 FWD "Silver Surfer"