I bought the Mecham Macho Vibe

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Ibuytrux

I bought the Mecham Macho Vibe

Post by Ibuytrux »

http://vibematrix.com/the-macho-vibe-is-up-for-sale/

I really didn't care for the paint job but the 39,000 original miles on a loaded up GT did get my attention. Having a Blux Ox base plate installed tomorrow in So. Calif. so I can tow it home to Florida. I am picking up a Freightliner FL 60 Sport Chassis I bought in Calif. (its what I do) and I use my 2003 Base Vibe as a tow/chase car.............but I have admired the GTs for awhile and had been looking for one when I ran across the Mecham car. I had never heard of Dennis Mecham. But I paid no more for the car than what I would have paid for a bone stock 39,000 mile GT.

Now if I can just keep punk kids from stealing it..........................
2006 Pontiac Vibe GT
tpollauf

Re: I bought the Mecham Macho Vibe

Post by tpollauf »

Nice purchase. So if you travel all over the country transporting trucks, just where do you actually live or call home? Although a bit pricey, I do agree with you when it comes to the low mileage AND this Vibe should be a blast to drive 8-) It will turn heads and YES you'll have to keep the young pups away from it or they just might get some ideas! I know I have a college age kid in my household. Keep us informed as to the history of you ownership well into the future! Thanks for joining and sharing the story :D
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
whitealltrac

Post by whitealltrac »

The auction ended in $11k +
Not sure an 05 Vibe with 35k miles is worth that much.....its worth more like $6700 but congrats!

Pics or it never happend!!!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Congratulations on your "new" Vibe ;)! It's definitely a unique one!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
ImUrOBGYN

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

One thing that's bothered a few of us on here is the fact it states there's an cold air Injen intake yet the pics show a stock air intake. Should be fun/interesting going thru the checklist of mods and seeing what still exists on there and its condition. If you lived anywhere near me, I'd already be all over it for you. Well, for my curiosity, too. lol
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

$11000?!
Ibuytrux

Post by Ibuytrux »

Thanx Guys or the replies.

Let me clear up the confusion about the Injen Cold Air Intake. It was removed to pass Calif. emissions. It was included with the sale of the car. I just have to have it re-installed as Florida does not have inspection stickers or smog checks.

We just got home from Calif. last night.
2006 Pontiac Vibe GT
ImUrOBGYN

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

Well, that's good news.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
Ibuytrux

Post by Ibuytrux »

whitealltrac wrote:The auction ended in $11k +
Not sure an 05 Vibe with 35k miles is worth that much.....its worth more like $6700 but congrats!

Pics or it never happend!!!
Thanx for the appraisal. I am a dealer. I recently attended an auction because there was a bone stock '06 GT there with 51,000 miles. Dark red, black leather and sunroof. It brought $6100! So for $ less than $3K more, I bought the Macho Vibe. I either bought all the mods and got the car free or I bought the car and got all the mods free..........
2006 Pontiac Vibe GT
Ibuytrux

Post by Ibuytrux »

Yes, I will be happy to post pix..................as soon as I figure out how! :roll:
2006 Pontiac Vibe GT
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Here you go, sir

viewtopic.php?t=41835
Ibuytrux

Post by Ibuytrux »

[attachmen
20160128_110001_resized_2.jpg
20160128_110001_resized_2.jpg (50.55 KiB) Viewed 3312 times
II.jpg[/attachment]
GT III.jpg
GT III.jpg (44.84 KiB) Viewed 3312 times
GT II.jpg
GT II.jpg (50.92 KiB) Viewed 3312 times
I buy and sell Custom Medium Duty Hauler Trucks and use a Vibe for a tow/chase car. I towed the MMV back to Florida behind this Freightliner Sport Chassis.

We have a 2003 Base Vibe that has been my tow car but have wanted a GT with a sunroof. Probably sell the '03 but it will be hard........I love that little car!
2006 Pontiac Vibe GT
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Thanks for posting pictures! It's certainly unique! Post some pictures of your other Vibe when you get a chance ;)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage