Rad Fan

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
2ndVibe

Rad Fan

Post by 2ndVibe »

Hey Everyone,
Not new to the group, lost my previous login info. However I haven't been on in a while coz the wifes' 04 ran that well. That is until she kinda wrote it off due to weather conditions. She is convinced that the Vibe really saved her from having a worse accident, she came out of it with a few bruises and a sore neck.
None the less we're back into another Vibe, this time it's an 07. 80,000 Kilos and it runs and looks awesome! My question for the group is this, is the rad fan supposed to come on everytime you use the defrost? I go out to start the car to let it warm up and turn on the defrost, the rad fan comes on and stays on till you turn it off the defrost setting.
If anyone can answer this please let me know! Also, anything I should know about the 07's? It seems almost identical to the 04.
Thanks.
runningslow

Re: Rad Fan

Post by runningslow »

Yes. Defrost turns on the AC and the radiator fan is always on when the AC is running.

Oh and aside from the cosmetic grill change, an 07 is 99% the same as an 04. ;)
Josh
2005 Vibe GT ~ Platinum
2006 Vibe ~ Lava, Base, Auto
2005 Corolla S ~ Silver Streak Mica, Manual (Wife's)
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome back to GenVibe! Glad to hear your wife wasn't more seriously injured and that you ended up getting another Vibe! Post some pictures of both Vibes when you get a chance ;)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
trb

Post by trb »

Welcome back and congrats on the second Vibe! Glad the first one protected your wife well enough that she wanted another one. Quite a few of us are on our second, or even third Vibes!

As was mentioned not many changes besides the grille, the addition of a sub for the upgraded sound systems, TPMS and Onstar options to name a few. They did take out a few items over the years like the roof rack cross bars, dual compartment console armrest and the extra power port inside the console, but those can be added to yours if you want them.

Good luck with the new Vibe and just because it is running great, is no reason to stay away!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
2ndVibe

Post by 2ndVibe »

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome back! I will hopefully get some time and post some pics! The new (to me) is in awesome shape, like new! Low Kilometers and lots of pep. I like the aluminum rims that came with it however they are corroding under the paint in spots and would like to have them media blasted and maybe powder coated? Can you powder coat aluminum?
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

2ndVibe wrote:Thanks everyone for the warm welcome back! I will hopefully get some time and post some pics! The new (to me) is in awesome shape, like new! Low Kilometers and lots of pep. I like the aluminum rims that came with it however they are corroding under the paint in spots and would like to have them media blasted and maybe powder coated? Can you powder coat aluminum?
As far as I know, yes, you should be able to have them powder coated.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage