New Owner First Post

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
TOPCAT

New Owner First Post

Post by TOPCAT »

Hello all,
Purchased a 2009 GT last week, Blue/black, 43,000 miles. We have been a Pontiac family since the early 80,s owning multiple Bonnevilles and GTO,s. I traded in my 04 PBM 6 speed manual GTO on the Vibe, I was the original owner, kept it nice, but currently needed something more of a commuter with more functionality. Did my research and am hoping the Vibe is going to last us for quite a few years. The Vibe is the FWD automatic and is in overall really good shape. Looking forward to being a somewhat active member of this board in the future.
trb

Re: New Owner First Post

Post by trb »

Welcome and congrats! Sounds like you got a nice one. I do like the blue color on the 09-10 GTs. I really enjoyed my 2010 GT, but I wished it was a manual instead of auto. Solved that problem with an 03 GT after the 10 GT got crunched. :(

Hope you can post some pics soon. We all like pictures.

Do you need a rear cargo cover? I still have my fold up one if you are interested, listed in the classifieds.

Good luck with it!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Welcome, TOPCAT!
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
TOPCAT

Post by TOPCAT »

Thanks for the welcomes.
I just might take the cargo cover, didn't come with one from the previous owner.
I'll see where I stand after the Holidays.
I am really technology challenged, so I'll see what I can do as far as the pics go.
The vehicle is in pretty good shape and cleaned up well, some scratches and chips here and there but overall not too bad, lets just say it was well loved. I'll probably wait until spring to give it a real detailing.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! It's nice to see another 2nd gen (2009-2010) GT owner join! It sounds like you got yourself a nice low mileage one too! Here's a great how-to thread about posting pictures.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe :D Another 2nd gen Vibe GT owner 8-) Post pics when you LEARN how to do it and we like knowing where your from so how about updating your profile for us. See you here as much as you can get on & welcome again!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
ImUrOBGYN

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

Welcome to the site!
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage