Limit switch on air blend door 2005 vibe

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Krmoran2000

Limit switch on air blend door 2005 vibe

Post by Krmoran2000 »

Greetings, my daughter has an 05 vibe with the thumping air blend door issue. I have replaced it once and it started again. I purchased a gm part and installed it thinking the other one might be a China part. This one does the same and I find that the gear was not damaged in the one I removed. What limits the travel of the actuator for this air blend door? I believe this is the problem not the actuator. Please help.
sideshowalan

Re: Limit switch on air blend door 2005 vibe

Post by sideshowalan »

Could be wrong but I believe it's an all-in-one unit.

Are you sure that you installed it with the door in the correct position? Meaning if the recirculate button is on when you installed it, the door is in the position to close off outside air......or the opposite if the button is off. It could be trying to move the door beyond its limits if it's in the wrong position.
2008 Pontiac Vibe
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
(Former 2003 5-speed Vibe owner)
Krmoran2000

Post by Krmoran2000 »

I appreciate your reply and encourage others. This was my first thought also. However when I removed it, I plugged it in and pushed the recirc button and held it in my hand it just turned and turned. That mad me think there must be a limit switch that it activates to stop and open the circuit.
runningslow

Post by runningslow »

The motor actuator is always under power and stalls out when the door is closed. Poor design by GM, one of the few non-Toyota parts in our cars.

viewtopic.php?p=486160#p486160
Josh
2005 Vibe GT ~ Platinum
2006 Vibe ~ Lava, Base, Auto
2005 Corolla S ~ Silver Streak Mica, Manual (Wife's)
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Maybe the blend door shaft is damaged.
th.jpg
th.jpg (16.81 KiB) Viewed 926 times
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476